What's next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirKillian, Sep 5, 2018.

1. SirKillian

SirKillian Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +159
    IGN:
    SirKillian
    Please tell us what you would want to see on the server instead.

2. sara92099

sara92099 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    IGN:
    sara92099
    If skyblock is added I feel like towny will drop quickly in players. That is what I love about this server though. It has many players. towny is no fun if there are only a handfull of people on. Towny is fun when there are many towns all with active players on. making the towns feel alive. As is there is just enough to get that effect. splitting the community in half (if not more favored to skyblock) will kill the towny server feel and it will just be survival with people in ghost towns. I would say before you expand grow on towny. get the player count even higher. in the hundreds on at a time. that way if something new is added and its splits the community at least towny will staff have a good size player base

• Like Like x 1
  3. JD_SecretSauce

JD_SecretSauce Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IGN:
    JD_SecretSauce
    Ideally a PVP arena since I would really like to get more use out of my relic items. if we used the keep inventory function people would be very willing to play since there would't be a downside to losing. Adding a ranking system where the top player would get a relic crystal would be a fun way to keep people entertained, maybe. You could also have building competitions every month and at the end of the month you would choose which pvp build would become next month's arena.

If your looking for something new to work on, there are plenty more original ideas than sky block survival. I personally don't like sky block because builds will never look as good. but that's just me.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  4. CPL Giroro

CPL Giroro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IGN:
    CPL_GIR0R0
    Hi there. Thanks for the update. I have seen some of the skyblock videos before, but I have never actually played it. And since it is clearly laid out that it will all be separate, no problems at all. I am glad I will be able to try this out and that if I do not like it, I still have all my stuff in towny that I have worked for.
    So many people sign in and ask "is this bedwars, is this skyblock?" And I just have to roll my eyes at them for not having read the description. So now we will be able to tell them where the skyblock is.

1.13 Questions:
    I know there need to be lots of updates to the server and the plug ins to use 1.13. But as I understand it, it isn't like our ocean areas will all be able to miraculously generate all the new stuff in the ocean. But we would be able to make the new goodies like the trident and the skinned logs. It is kind of like when people started asking about "Biomes 'o Plenty". "Can the new chunks have biomes stuff?"
    So in my logic, if the RESOURCE world gets reset then IT will become 1.13 and we can happily brings stuff back from there that will work in the main world?
    In any event: All good.
    Sir Killian and everyone who helps you, thanks for working so hard on this server. I have seen very few that update and work for the players the way this one does.

5. SirKillian

Ratings:
    +159
    IGN:
    SirKillian
    The main world will not have new 1.13 oceans. however, the resource world would be reset so all 1.13 items would still be available.

6. SafetyScissor

SafetyScissor New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    IGN:
    SafetyScissor
    I personally don't like skyblock all that much but if other people want to play it then I don't see why they shouldn't be able to play it. However, I feel that adding this to a towny server is a bit weird to me. Skyblock could take away player attention from the main towny experience and hurt the player based economy.

I realize that the server could massively benefit by adding a new feature that will attract more players, but I have deep reservations for the effect it will have on the towny experience that has already made the server awesome. I believe we should stick with what we're good at and not add skyblock.

• Like Like x 1
  7. callum

callum New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    IGN:
    xdeathcallumx
    I feel that skyblock will bring more people to the server and when people see that there is also towny they will try towny and then they will play both towny and skyblock like I will be I feel like everyone is over reacting with the reduction on towny if you want to play towny play towny if you want to play skyblock play skyblock I don't see where the reduction will be I think that exspanding the server is a great idea and anyone who thinks it isn't needs to look at other servers and how they have grown just having 1 gamemode is only gonna bring so many people. i guess what i mean to say is the server is going nowhere unless it adds more gamemodes to play p.s keep bringing up good ideas

• Like Like x 1
  8. Desu

Desu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IGN:
    Desu__
    Skyblock sounds lit... but I would like to know if ranks people already have will have perks on sb?

9. SirKillian

Ratings:
    +159
    IGN:
    SirKillian
    After recent feedback we decided to NOT add skyblock as of right now.