What's next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirKillian, Sep 5, 2018.

1. SirKillian

SirKillian Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +159
    IGN:
    SirKillian
    Hello everyone,

This is a quick update post explaining what's going to happen on the server in the next couple of weeks and what we are trying to accomplish at this moment.

1.13 Update
    First of all, we are still working on the 1.13 update. Which is honestly a little bit harder as we first thought it would be. There is still a few things we are waiting on before we can properly update the server to a full 1.13 version. As of right now there is no ETA regarding this update.

Halloween Event
    We recently started working on a special Halloween event. We know, it is a bit early to mention this and no further details will be shared as of right now. We just want to let you know that there will be indeed a Halloween event happening around the end of October.

What's next?
    Recently we started wondering: "What should we do next?". And therefore a new idea was born. Expanding AzertuMC with a new game-mode? And yes, we are aware some of you will probably be heavily against this idea. But, we also know some of you will be happy and excited about this. Let me explain the idea behind this and give you some more details.

Our Original idea was to add a new game-mode to the server. Most likely to be Skyblock as this is a very popular game-mode and a lot of people seem to enjoy it. We are aware this will cause a big discussion but we rather want to talk about it before we spend all our time developing it.

Basically, we want to add Skyblock to the server which means there will be both Towny and Skyblock to select from. No worries, we are NOT replacing Towny whatsoever and we will still actively work on said server. This Skyblock server would be very similar to what today's Skyblocks looks like; Cobble gens, Spawners, Island levels, and lots of custom and unique features to fit the Azertu server. The main reason behind adding a game-mode would be to grow our community to something bigger and better. Now, we are aware some players will be against this idea, but it is very unclear to us why people would dislike this. Nobody will be forced to play the other game-mode, nor would it be required to unlock stuff on the other server. Everything will be separate and nothing will be merged. The only thing that would be merged are punishments (such as bans) and premium ranks (ranks bought on the store), which means that if you currently have Hydra rank for example, this will transfer over to Skyblock as well.

So here is our question, If you dislike the idea of adding Skyblock... Please let us know why you dislike this with constructive feedback and/or reasoning behind your decision.

Thanks for your time,
    Peace!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Kaito

Kaito Member

Ratings:
    +2
    IGN:
    varxenhal
    I wouldn't mind Skyblock, as long as it gave you the ability to partner up with other users if you allowed them onto your island, AND if nothing store-wise was added to give people "perks" for Skyblock. This would make sure that it's 100% natural and vanilla.
    Asides from that, I think it's all fine and good.

3. pizzavdr

pizzavdr Member

Ratings:
    +28
    IGN:
    pizzavdr
    I like it that you are always trying to improve and add new stuff, altho im personally not a big fan of skyblockservers and they look like a sellout to me. i love the server but would not want to see it become just an other skyblock bending server where all the kids can have fun. I would not mind other servers here but i dont know if skyblock is the way to go.

4. ZetaCrit

ZetaCrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IGN:
    ZetaCrit
    My only concern with adding Skyblock would be if the economy was merged, but even then it wouldn't be such a bad thing, you would just have to be very careful with the launch of Skyblock if you aren't doing separate economies

5. dethklok503

dethklok503 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IGN:
    dethklok503
    definitely add it, it adds more to the server

6. SirKillian

Ratings:
    +159
    IGN:
    SirKillian
    In the post is mentioned that nothing will be merged but store ranks and punishments. Therefore the economy will be split.

7. CactiJoe

CactiJoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IGN:
    CactiJoe
    It's a very brave move to add a Mini-Game to a Towny server, what I'm afraid of is just that when a server is focused on a mode/Mini-game, and then add a new one, it mostly dies after a couple weeks, maybe less, so if you guys can keep up the updates and stuff like that, which I think you guys are able to do, then it shouldn't be a bad thing to have some SkyBlock. :) Wish you the best.

8. Firdaus

Firdaus New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    IGN:
    MrNubz
    adD sKyBlocK aLreadY

9. Salad

Salad Member

Ratings:
    +16
    IGN:
    SirSalad
    I like that a new gamemode is approaching us, as many of us are more than half way through the /rank system. It adds pozazz you could say. Although something so different like SkyBlock merging with Towny just feels weird to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. But I think it may split up such a great overall community into two fully seperate pieces. I'm not fully sure how that will work out, especially with some experience in the past, but if it does happen -- I'm fully down to play

10. Rachella

Rachella Member

Ratings:
    +9
    IGN:
    Rachella
    *googles MC Skyblock* Never played that style of server. Good to think of new ideas/implement to help the server grow, I'm all for it ;) I on the other hand will staying at the towny server >.>

11. enthusiaxtic

enthusiaxtic New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    IGN:
    bluedreamzzz
    Maybe we could just have everyone in one chat instead of splitting into two seperate chats for the gamemode. however, I'm good with the idea of a new gamemode. Adds another thing to do/work on.

12. Aislinstar

Aislinstar Member

Ratings:
    +12
    IGN:
    Aislinstar
    Does this mean that you're going to connect the two via bungee? Because there's a lot of bugs associated with that too, or will you have 2 separate servers and 2 separate chats? Because nobody needs to find out that a bug happened on Towny and suddenly bamf a few hours of work was wiped as some "other" servers have done. Just worried about the technical issues of Skyblock, otherwise it seems like a good idea just becareful that you don't make it p2w as some skyblocks tend to end up. Also still wondering if you'll ever add a Mini-Game server to your server one day - something like capture the flag or pvp wars etc I don't even know if that's still possible. Perhaps someday.

13. BurnNDie

BurnNDie Member

Ratings:
    +2
    IGN:
    Skullcrusher0524
    Not that I am against it, but for a towny dedicated server, adding another gamemode is uh, weird. I can easily see it being a server with 5 people on it after a month and nobody plays it. Other than that good idea

14. Zarembo1

Zarembo1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IGN:
    Zarembo1
    I say focus on the server we have now. I realize that a server is a business and the owner wants to expand profits. However, a few things to consider:

1) This is a towny-dedicated server. Adding skyblock or any other game mode requires a hub, with its own array of issues, as we make the transition to 1.13

2) Skyblock servers are a dime a dozen. it's been done......over and over. Like beating a dead horse. Do you really want to be part of the watered-down MC culture or to continue to stand out as a premier towny server?

3) Realistically, if it took SirKillian, and whomever else, about 6-8 months to "fix the bugs" and stabilize the economy (to a small degree), then we can draw from that to conclude that this will be a total mess for quite some time.

Conclusion: Focus on what you have currently. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

15. Hanna

Hanna New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IGN:
    Hannael3
    I wouldn't recommend because spiting the player base is not what u need to add to the server's fun it will just divide the server and make it go down hill in my opinion rather work on the 1st server then have to worry about 2

16. Collector_

Collector_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +39
    IGN:
    Collector_
    I think having a skyblock would be pretty cool. I do see the downsides of it, but I think that if you can make it unique enough, it would probably not be too bad of an idea. I'm not really supporting either side, but leaning slightly towards a yes to skyblock.

17. Garland

Garland Member

Ratings:
    +2
    IGN:
    Sanctus_iudex
    I, as well as some of the others seem to be, am concerned for a number of reasons;

1. I don't want to see the playerbase reduced in the main towny server. There's no two ways about it, you cannot play on two servers simultaneously.

2. I want the majority of the effort and work put into the towny server, not some spin-off sideshow.

3. I don't particularly enjoy skyblock.

If you people are able to A, ensure the playerbase stays connected, B, view the towny server as the "main" server, and dedicate time to the skyblock server when it is prudent to do so, and C, create a unique concept and a competetive environment for people who don't want to shell out cash, all at the same time, then yes, a skyblock server would benefit the server and the community as a whole. As awesome and skilled and such as you folks are, it's not easy; don't take a gamble if you're not sure how it'll turn out. Obviously, you're not sure because you have to ask us.

Anyways, I laid out why I am hesitant about the idea of a skyblock server; I'm sure that many others can agree with me or at least part of what I'm saying.

tl;dr don't divide your resources and players if you're not sure how it'll work out

18. Princess

Princess Member

Ratings:
    +9
    IGN:
    Princess_
    I’m afraid of people leaving the towny server alltogether in favor of skyblock. Almost every skyblock/towny server i’ve seen has had a super populated skyblock server and an almost dead towny server. Don’t want that happening to azertu :(

19. SirKillian

Ratings:
    +159
    IGN:
    SirKillian
    Yes we will use bungee, and no this is not that buggy at all. Chat will be split. Adding Skyblock will have no impact on Towny's performance whatsoever.

20. SirKillian

Ratings:
    +159
    IGN:
    SirKillian
    There will always be bugs and that happens on every single server or game. Besides, a player run economy needs tweaking 24/7 that's why it will never be completed. An admin shop is a lot easier to balance.