Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
First of all this is more like me trying to show my point rather then making a suggestion but i still figured this would be the best place to post it.
I also know this will propably not make any difference but, oh well..

So as im sure all of you know, using caps in the chat is seen as something bad and when someone uses it for more than 4 letters they get spammed by 50% of all the players online to "stop using caps" or "watch the caps". I dont see the point of even allowing caps since you're basically already not allowed to use it, and i dont see why there's not already a plugin to stop that. What im trying to say is you should either allow caps for however many letters you want (just dont spam, obviously) or get a plugin to stop caps working completley. Theres also a third option, get a plugin which allows caps to some extent. I played on another server where they had a plugin which allowed 5 capped letter in a sentance and the rest would be "un-capped". Im no expert so im not sure how much effort this would take to fix but im hoping its not to much to ask for and if it is, well, then i guess things will continue to be just like they were before.

Best regards - 1234r5

Rhiannon

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! Thank you for your suggestion! But I don’t really see a need to implement a caps/ chat filter.
Saying a 3-4 lettered word in all caps, is fine.
Example: “LOL” “LMAO”.
These are okay. I say these often myself.

When we start getting into multiple words/ a sentence of caps, this is when we say “Please don’t use caps” or may have to warn someone.
Example: “HOW DO I USE TOWN CHAT?”
“WHERE ARE YOU?!”

The staff moderate chat, which is why I don’t believe we need a filter. If someone is using excessive caps, a staff member online will proceed with punishment as needed, whether it be a verbal warning/ warning, etc.

Ignore the people saying “caps” or “stop saying caps” if they aren’t staff. They have no power to do anything and often times it’s just spam. But I think a lot of people overreact to caps a lot. Like “wowee you just said an entire word in caps, let me post in chat how much I disliked your use of caps”. Unless a staff member says something about it I think you’re fine. Even if it was too many all your gonna get is a finger wag from staff and then you know when you have done something wrong. But I REALLY LIKE SCREAMING :). Cheers

SirSalad

Ignore the people saying “caps” or “stop saying caps” if they aren’t staff. They have no power to do anything and often times it’s just spam. But I think a lot of people overreact to caps a lot. Like “wowee you just said an entire word in caps, let me post in chat how much I disliked your use of caps”. Unless a staff member says something about it I think you’re fine. Even if it was too many all your gonna get is a finger wag from staff and then you know when you have done something wrong. But I REALLY LIKE SCREAMING :). Cheers
Mini-modding is something that's entirely accepted on the server, as long as it isn't false information.

Mini-modding is something that's entirely accepted on the server, as long as it isn't false information.
I think people can choose to mini-mod if they want, but just because some random person says "Don't use caps" when you used 3 capital letters doesn't make it bad. And when literally everyone spams the same message I really don't know if it is better than spamming characters. And with that staff message, their are plenty of things you can do other than posting "caps" every 20 seconds but who am I to talk, not staff (shrug)