Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Official Towny Revamp - We need you!

Shorten the radius between 2 towns, if its possible? its understandable to have a distance between the two, because its weird to have two opposing towns next to each other, but for example it could be across a big lake and i wouldn't be able to claim my side of the lake. just a suggestion, not a demand (obviously xd)
Agreed, one thing I want to accomplish is making conjoined towns (As if it were a nation with various districts, etc.)

Desu

Agreed, one thing I want to accomplish is making conjoined towns (As if it were a nation with various districts, etc.)
Sorry forgot to send it i will send it later lol

Running around trying to find a fresh piece of land is very frustrating, especially when every time you /rtp you end up teleporting somewhere thats been built on. The addition of a dynmap, a plugin that takes the world and puts it on a webpage as a map and includes Towny claims, would be very much welcome.
Many top notch servers use this plugin and it never hinders play but benefits it. I've spoken to many server staff on other servers who make the excuse that it can be used against towns or make it too easy to target players, this is not true at all. Dynmap has the option to disable showing player locations.
Adding Dynmap would provide a great feeling of community to the server too. Letting people view the server world as a whole, and allowing towns to see who their neighbours are and encourage interaction.
Dynmap is always coupled with Towny and I think would be a great adjustment.

Hey everyone,

I am a new Developer and I have been tasked with revamping Towny.
- CodeFalcon
I don't know the extent to which you're revamping towny, but I found a little bug when switching nations. All co-mayors and other subordinates lose their ranks and are demoted to the default rank of 'resident' when the town they are under switches to a new nation.

1. I like the towny chat, outposts, town spawn and the variety of ranks that can be given. The permissions part is good because it can limit certain actions, but might be confusing to some. Nations are a nice way to gain extra plots. I wish plot sizes can be customized, it's also a pain to do permissions because plots are so small, and claiming although /t claim circle, rect is helpful. I guess making towny permissions easier is the biggest part in my opinion.

2. I'd like to see an easier and more convenient way to tax a specific player and a way to increase plot taxes by percentage (more you own more you're taxed). Also since it'll be called Kingdoms, I thought it'd be nice to have a ranks thing that's strictly based on playtime, and make it customisable (perms) and if there will be something similar to nations, it's cool to show the rank too.

3. Some sort of collaboration or cooperation option between towns other than /res friend add etc. Ability to deposit/withdraw from multiple towns' banks, ability to use outposts of multiple towns, set perms, etc. Nation ranks that allow access to same perms as town ranks (Assistant, Senator, Builder) but named differently.
bomp

Can we add /withdraw (ammount) to give us a bank note.... Im weird like that and I like to /withdraw about a million at a time to put in a special chest to "save" up for /rankup or something along those lines...
I hate bank notes with a passion, but I’d like to see a personal bank feature (a feature I saw on another server). It would show up with /bal, similar to how town or nation banks work, but only you have access to it and player shops, town taxes, or you (without withdrawing first) cannot take money from it.

Desu

I hate bank notes with a passion, but I’d like to see a personal bank feature (a feature I saw on another server). It would show up with /bal, similar to how town or nation banks work, but only you have access to it and player shops, town taxes, or you (without withdrawing first) cannot take money from it.
So you'd only put money into it and couldn't take money out?
Also please explain why banknotes are bad.

Why use banknotes when you can just use /pay, or just a chestshop. Bank notes seem like a waste of time

You can take money out, but you would need to do /bank withdraw money and /bank deposit money to put in money.

Also bank notes just seem so basic and a lot of servers use them, making Azertu not as unique. Not to mention if someone figures out a duplication glitch, dupes bank notes over and over again eventually ruining the servers economy over time.

Desu

Why use banknotes when you can just use /pay, or just a chestshop. Bank notes seem like a waste of time
Its solely a cosmetic feature. But it could turn into something like SirK making a 1 dollar bank note and selling it for 10m...

Desu

You can take money out, but you would need to do /bank withdraw money and /bank deposit money to put in money.

Also bank notes just seem so basic and a lot of servers use them, making Azertu not as unique. Not to mention if someone figures out a duplication glitch, dupes bank notes over and over again eventually ruining the servers economy over time.
Alot of servers use the Towny Feature.... so we aren't that unique. (except for our awesome player base and staff team!)

I have heard quite a lot of talk of lowering the distance between towns. Please, consider not doing this.

I've been set up in my town for over a year, and I have some new people come and make towns right next to mine limiting expansion and growth. Sometimes they don't care that I am there or just didn't notice, but it then becomes an issue where they need to move or then it becomes a huge battle for territory.

If nothing else, please leave the 5 chunks as it is. Lowering it to 2 chunks makes another town excessively visable from yours, and it ruins a theme or idea because this opposite themed town is built right next to yours.

Don't take away the towny gap, please don't lower it to 2. Please leave it at 5 or raise it.

Imo if it was set to average rendering distance, that would make it so that nothing felt too crowded and you'd avoid this. If you don't want it up to 8 or 10, at least 5 is better than 2.

Desu

I have heard quite a lot of talk of lowering the distance between towns. Please, consider not doing this.

I've been set up in my town for over a year, and I have some new people come and make towns right next to mine limiting expansion and growth. Sometimes they don't care that I am there or just didn't notice, but it then becomes an issue where they need to move or then it becomes a huge battle for territory.

If nothing else, please leave the 5 chunks as it is. Lowering it to 2 chunks makes another town excessively visable from yours, and it ruins a theme or idea because this opposite themed town is built right next to yours.

Don't take away the towny gap, please don't lower it to 2. Please leave it at 5 or raise it.

Imo if it was set to average rendering distance, that would make it so that nothing felt too crowded and you'd avoid this. If you don't want it up to 8 or 10, at least 5 is better than 2.
I understand your view on things and I think a good way of solving both issues is to allow close claiming if you are in the same nation as the other town.