Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Amanda

Helper
Staff member
Hi, this is my very first post/suggestion!

I've taken notice of how staff members in the community are constantly bombarded with particular questions from new players. These questions are often the same, again and again. My idea is that the server creates a very simple program in which new players can access frequently asked questions or in-depth explanations on how particular things on the server work. This "Noobook" ( abbreviation for Noob Book, but the name does not have to be that) could be retrieved by a simple "/book" command or maybe an NPC gives them out at spawn. At the top of each page could be a frequently asked question like, "How do I make money?" or "How do I join a town?" "How do I claim land?" with text underneath it that explains to the player what they need to do. It could also have a page that lists commands which can be used by everyone. Things like how to use local chat, nation chat , party chat could be included in here too. I understand that the tutorial and /help exist, but this could be something that anyone could access at any location on the server and answer very specific questions that may be vague to them. New players would be more likely to open up a book quickly rather than do / tutorial and walk around a while until they find the answer to their question. This book can also save staff members so much time, allowing them to answer other complicated situations and questions more quickly.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion! <3

Unfortunately, I don't think this suggestion would work, as books have been limited to 5 pages only, and the amount of commands that people ask help for goes way over 5 pages. It would be too much effort to set up an entire command for a few users when staff can macro said commands in chat in less than 3 seconds.

Books are only limited when players create them, its not a minecraft thing its server side, Pretty sure admins could make a book longer than 5 pages, even someone with a hacked client and a certain macro can do it currently.
Not sure if the nubs who run past the tutorial would read a book but maybe having a physical object with flashy text and dialogue would better persuade them to not be nubs, would have to be tested.

Amanda

Helper
Staff member
Or just inform people to use /help to open to ever so useful menu
yes but this book would have information that /help and /tutorial do not or don't go into detail with. this would be for specific questions that new players commonly ask in chat.

Amanda

Helper
Staff member
also, this would be useful because most players don't know and cant figure out half of the commands they are allowed to do. like I learned about the /realname command 5 minutes ago and ive been playing the server for 5 months. it would be nice to know about random things like that.

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
What Info should go in the book that is not in /help?

Desu

A different option could be where we have a more detailed FAQ thread in the INFO fourms.

What Info should go in the book that is not in /help?
At the top of each page could be a frequently asked question like, "How do I make money?" or "How do I join a town?" "How do I claim land?" with text underneath it that explains to the player what they need to do. It could also have a page that lists commands which can be used by everyone. Things like how to use local chat, nation chat , party chat could be included in here too.
I understand that the tutorial and /help exist, but this could be something that anyone could access at any location on the server and answer very specific questions that may be vague to them.

PawlerBear

Like killian said. what info should go in the book when people have both /faq and /help and they go through the tutorial area when joining. i dont see this being added when people are too lazy to read the holograms in spawn aswell.