Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Official The future of the Builder Job

Teleport pads and or sign warps for lvl 75 perk. It is very desired by the community and has been brought up on many threads.

/top and free hdb heads should be given at lvl 25.

+10 sethomes (not very useful most donors) can remain as a perk for lvl 50.

———————————————

On a side note, saying that builder shouldn’t earn money for placing blocks that other jobs can destroy seems ridiculous, in no way would this ever be considered op and make builder or other jobs broken.

Last edited:
I do agree that there should be some changes made to the builder job. I have read over the various responses and most people agree that hbd heads should remain a perk. However, as someone who is in the builder job, I can't ever see myself ever using those heads.

^^^^
I think this would be a reasonable change
------------------------
The perks at lvl 50 should remain as 10 set homes, especially if builders wish to go to various towns and aid in the construction there. (Yes there is /t spawn town, but most towns are getting bigger and bigger and having the ability to directly teleport to the build they are working on would be cool).
------------------------
In relation to the possible changes of the perk at lvl 75, I am honestly not sure. Something that might sound like an insane addition to the building aspect would be the ability to hire builders rather than builders spamming in the trade chat to be able to aid in the construction of towns. For instance, there could be a GUI that listed builders that could be hired and a way to directly teleport to the build that that builder would want to showcase as their own work for reference.

The reason why I listed such an insane idea is that some people stated ideas such as getting free materials. Even though that sounds like an amazing perk and all, I think it could ruin the economy system for some jobs such as the woodcutter job. Therefore, the perk of the builder would be more on the showcase aspect rather than the free aspect, because it could cause a ripple that affects other jobs.
I actually think that lvl 25 builders should get something like slowfalling because most builders building enormous structures may fall off, die and lose their items unless they are Master or above.

Lasivian

Known Member
I feel that Builder is a job that needs more exp/money per block. Along with Artist. These jobs have nothing to provide secondary income.

By comparison blacksmiths can sell or work ore, Miners/diggers/lumberjacks/farmers/herdsmen/hellworkers/hunter all have materials to sell off.

Perhaps give EXP for making glazed terracotta in a furnace. Or making concrete. This would provide things to sell to other players.

Remember also that the highest builder on the server is only level 65.

I feel that Builder is a job that needs more exp/money per block. Along with Artist. These jobs have nothing to provide secondary income.

By comparison blacksmiths can sell or work ore, Miners/diggers/lumberjacks/farmers/herdsmen/hellworkers/hunter all have materials to sell off.

Perhaps give EXP for making glazed terracotta in a furnace. Or making concrete. This would provide things to sell to other players.

Remember also that the highest builder on the server is only level 65.
they already said no to builders getting credit for crafting(specifically mentioned crafting concrete) so im sure smelting is the same. While builder isn't meant to be super profitable it definitely needs a substantial xp/money boost so that its at least somewhat reasonable to climb and make doing mapart and stuff more affordable.

Maybe a certain number of custom teleports at level 75? That way, builders can show off their builds without being confined to /t spawn and outposts. Right now, the only way people can see my builds is if I make them into a town spawn, and tht just kind of sucks imo. Id like more people to be able to access my builds without having to join my town to do so.

Since it's relevant to my point about builder's xp rate being really low 1570293915565.png

I don't have too much to add on to what's already been stated. I definitely think /top should stay as the first perk since it is an incredibly useful command. The slow-falling idea someone mentioned somewhere above sounds amazing, but unfortunately that's in 1.13.

One thing which I don't believe has been suggested unless I missed it is /stack. This could be very useful as a level 75 perk. While there are many obvious downsides, such as making shulker boxes and private vaults less needed for small tasks, it could work quite nicely alongside those containers to allow for additional storage space. I would, however, say that stacked entities would need to be rejected from being put inside normal or trapped chests. That would be far too OP.

I don't have too much to add on to what's already been stated. I definitely think /top should stay as the first perk since it is an incredibly useful command. The slow-falling idea someone mentioned somewhere above sounds amazing, but unfortunately that's in 1.13.

One thing which I don't believe has been suggested unless I missed it is /stack. This could be very useful as a level 75 perk. While there are many obvious downsides, such as making shulker boxes and private vaults less needed for small tasks, it could work quite nicely alongside those containers to allow for additional storage space. I would, however, say that stacked entities would need to be rejected from being put inside normal or trapped chests. That would be far too OP.
something that's a bit more realistic that can function somewhat similarily is the previously mentioned deconstruct command allowing you break apart blocks and items that otherwise couldnt be allowing for some denser storage while at the same time allowing builders to convert say pillar quartz back into regular quartz or polished andesite into regular andesite. .stack would likely break a lot of the special item configurations on here.

Something else that would help this and digger would be to give builders money/xp for crafting concrete. It would help to increase digger's profits as well as helping builder with leveling and money making. I know you denied it before but it really would help both jobs.