Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Official The future of the Builder Job

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone,

After many many complaints and suggestions regarding the Builder Job, we felt the need to address this.
We hear you loud and clear, you want the builder job to level up faster and make more money. On top of that, you also want better / more worthy perks.

With this thread we would like to ask you, the players, to help us "fix" builder.

| Our vision.
We will revisit its balancing and make sure it meets the standards we have for each and every job. This means the following:
  • Job Perks
    • New Perks might be added.
    • Current Perks might be altered/removed.
  • Block Selection
    • New Blocks might be added to the list of "payable blocks".
    • Some blocks might be removed entirely from this list.
  • Rebalancing both money and exp gain.
    • Some blocks might be altered in both the money and experience values for blocks.
| Leave your suggestions below.
Please let us know your ideas in the comments below. Please try to submit structured feedback so that it is actually useful for us to go on. Any comments being like "this job sucks" or "remove dirt"(without giving a reason why it should be removed) will be ignored.

We are looking for:
  1. Possible new blocks to add
  2. Job Perks
(we are not looking for posts that go "glass is too op atm." We are revisiting ALL blocks regardless of your posts.)

Thanks for your time.

(updates will be posted in the 1st comment of this thread)

Last edited:

Koro

Helper
Staff member
Please add the placing of glazed terra-cotta to be paid by builder job. The addition of this will benefit both artists and builders.

05MarKo

Known Member
So from my opinion builder has some pretty good perks.
Lvl 25: /top
Lvl 50: 10x sethomes
Lvl 75: free /hdb heads

I personally thought of a plugin for the server with armor stands. A plugin that allowes you to manipulate armor stands in any position. But I also think that if everyone was able to use tht the server will be laggy so I wanted to say that it will be a good idea to change somethings from builder. My idea is this:
Lvl 50: 5x sethomes
Lvl 50: free /hdb heads
Lvl 75: custom armor stands

Leave a like if you like the idea :}

here are some from my other post. if theres no crafting credit being added then builder deffinately will need an increase to the amounts of money/xp they get.
Here's 3 that are a bit more practical for builders.
1. a deconstruct command where you could use it while holding something like prismarine or glowstone (maybe stairs and such too?) and get the materials back. So only stuff where you craft it with one material so that you cant say make concrete and make that back into the base materials.
2. a command to change the color of blocks that are already dyed. an example would be black concrete to red concrete. This would make it much easier for builders that are short a few blocks of one color.
3. a bonus player vault on top of whatever you would normally have (more space to carry around building materials)
Another one i just thought of is at 75 a way to mass craft. idk if there's a plugin or what but say we want to make concrete dust we could put a bunch of gravel, sand and dye in the chest then punch it with the item we want to craft and it will craft as many of that item a
Some potentially helpful blocks:
- Condensed blocks like coal, emerald, bone, diamond, etc.
- redstone devices like pistons, repeaters and redstone(as long as there aren't any potential exploits)
- Obsidian
- redstone lamps
Edit:
- Red netherbrick
- cobweb

Last edited:
So I'm not sure what most if you people want but here are some suggestions.

Level 25: Ability to give yourself a stack of wood,logs or cobblestone.
Level 50: Free HDB Heads.
Level 75: Unlimited slow falling /sf.

Last edited:
As nice as it would be there is zero chance of any form of world edit. It's already pretty laggy for just admins to use. Everyone else using it would probs kill the server

Level 75: Worldedit( Limited commands like clearing areas and building basic houses but won't gain so from destroying the WE blocks.)

Blocks i think would be nice to be payed for

- Endstone and endstone bricks
- Netherrack
- Glowstone
- Soul sand
- Magma block
- Obsidian
- Gravel
- Sand
- Glazed Terracotta
- Leaves - good for custom trees
- Hay blocks - for straw huts.
- Jack-o-laterns
- Book shelves
- Making paths with a shovel

A new apsect of builder could be interior so that would be stuff like
- Flower pots
- Anvils
- Enchantment tables
- Chests
- Trapped Chests
- Item frames
- Paintings
- Cauldrons
- Carpet
- Torches
- Trapdoors - Wood and Iron
- Doors

Last edited:
unfortunately a few of these have already been denied due to issues with other jobs. The ones i can think of that will be issues are netherrack, glowstone, soulsand, magma block, gravel, sand and terracotta. though in the grand scheme of things i doubt sand and gravel would be a big issue since itss less work to just go and dig up a desert or mountain for them rather than spam then then re-dig.
Blocks i think would be nice to be payed for

- Endstone and endstone bricks
- Netherrack
- Glowstone
- Soul sand
- Magma block
- Obsidian
- Gravel
- Sand
- Glazed Terracotta
- Leaves - good for custom trees
- Hay blocks - for straw huts.
- Jack-o-laterns
- Book shelves
- Making paths with a shovel

A new apsect of builder could be interior so that would be stuff like
- Flower pots
- Anvils
- Enchantment tables
- Chests
- Trapped Chests
- Item frames
- Paintings
- Cauldrons
- Carpet
- Torches
- Trapdoors - Wood and Iron
- Doors

Level 75: Worldedit( Limited commands like clearing areas and building basic houses but won't gain so from destroying the WE blocks.)
As much as i like this idea, worldedit is a lil too op

Is the server that incompatible?
it has nothing to do with compatibility, world edit is pretty taxing to use even on small scale. If there were even just 10 people using it infrequently it would risk causing severe lag spikes and potential server crashes.

SirSalad

it has nothing to do with compatibility, world edit is pretty taxing to use even on small scale. If there were even just 10 people using it infrequently it would risk causing severe lag spikes and potential server crashes.
The worldedit the server uses is ASYNC, meaning that it does things in pieces over everything at once. Even if this were to be limited, it would simply be awfully too overpowered like Iustin453 mentioned.

The worldedit the server uses is ASYNC, meaning that it does things in pieces over everything at once. Even if this were to be limited, it would simply be awfully too overpowered like Iustin453 mentioned.
Oof. Then scrap worledit.

So from my opinion builder has some pretty good perks.
Lvl 50: 10x sethomes
Lvl 75: free /hdb heads

I personally thought of a plugin for the server with armor stands. A plugin that allowes you to manipulate armor stands in any position. But I also think that if everyone was able to use tht the server will be laggy so I wanted to say that it will be a good idea to change somethings from builder. My idea is this:
Lvl 50: 5x sethomes
Lvl 50: free /hdb heads
Lvl 75: custom armor stands

Leave a like if you like the idea :}
I think free hdb heads should be something giving out at level 25 cuz they aren't that so good that they should be given lvl 75.

I think a good way to improve builder is by adding a perk that allows extra income from building inside towns (e.g x1.5 multiplier). That way the builder rank actually has more significance within a town and seems more like a title than a permission. Of course theoretically someone can create a town, and spam block placing, so perhaps if this idea is considered, then it can be a high tier perk. Another perk idea is /chisel which would turn all stone/wood into stone bricks/planks. This can be done with other things like glass into glass planes, etc. Thanks for taking your time to improve builder <3

I think free hdb heads should be something giving out at level 25 cuz they aren't that so good that they should be given lvl 75.
Nah it should just be scraped, hdb is super cheap. The only good perk builder has is /top which is a godsend and getting it any later would blow. I mentioned earlier some good perk ideas here
here are some from my other post. if theres no crafting credit being added then builder deffinately will need an increase to the amounts of money/xp they get.

- redstone devices like pistons, repeaters and redstone(as long as there aren't any potential exploits)
- Obsidian
- redstone lamps

I think a good way to improve builder is by adding a perk that allows extra income from building inside towns (e.g x1.5 multiplier). That way the builder rank actually has more significance within a town and seems more like a title than a permission. Of course theoretically someone can create a town, and spam block placing, so perhaps if this idea is considered, then it can be a high tier perk. Another perk idea is /chisel which would turn all stone/wood into stone bricks/planks. This can be done with other things like glass into glass planes, etc. Thanks for taking your time to improve builder <3
That's relying on quite a bit of inter-plugin coordination. The more practical solution would just be a straight buff to the money and xp

Nah it should just be scraped, hdb is super cheap. The only good perk builder has is /top which is a godsend and getting it any later would blow. I mentioned earlier some good perk ideas here
I think that having top should be something all builders should have cuz it isn't that important

I think that having top should be something all builders should have cuz it isn't that important
i mean im not gonna say that wouldn't be great but it is still an extremely useful bonus for builders. regardless though i think everyone can agree that /top is going to be left alone. I constantly use /top because of how large my builds are and its the only reason i haven't dropped builder.

I do agree that there should be some changes made to the builder job. I have read over the various responses and most people agree that hbd heads should remain a perk. However, as someone who is in the builder job, I can't ever see myself ever using those heads.
^^^^
I think this would be a reasonable change
------------------------
The perks at lvl 50 should remain as 10 set homes, especially if builders wish to go to various towns and aid in the construction there. (Yes there is /t spawn town, but most towns are getting bigger and bigger and having the ability to directly teleport to the build they are working on would be cool).
------------------------
In relation to the possible changes of the perk at lvl 75, I am honestly not sure. Something that might sound like an insane addition to the building aspect would be the ability to hire builders rather than builders spamming in the trade chat to be able to aid in the construction of towns. For instance, there could be a GUI that listed builders that could be hired and a way to directly teleport to the build that that builder would want to showcase as their own work for reference.

The reason why I listed such an insane idea is that some people stated ideas such as getting free materials. Even though that sounds like an amazing perk and all, I think it could ruin the economy system for some jobs such as the woodcutter job. Therefore, the perk of the builder would be more on the showcase aspect rather than the free aspect, because it could cause a ripple that affects other jobs.

I do agree that there should be some changes made to the builder job. I have read over the various responses and most people agree that hbd heads should remain a perk. However, as someone who is in the builder job, I can't ever see myself ever using those heads.

^^^^
I think this would be a reasonable change
------------------------
The perks at lvl 50 should remain as 10 set homes, especially if builders wish to go to various towns and aid in the construction there. (Yes there is /t spawn town, but most towns are getting bigger and bigger and having the ability to directly teleport to the build they are working on would be cool).
------------------------
In relation to the possible changes of the perk at lvl 75, I am honestly not sure. Something that might sound like an insane addition to the building aspect would be the ability to hire builders rather than builders spamming in the trade chat to be able to aid in the construction of towns. For instance, there could be a GUI that listed builders that could be hired and a way to directly teleport to the build that that builder would want to showcase as their own work for reference.

The reason why I listed such an insane idea is that some people stated ideas such as getting free materials. Even though that sounds like an amazing perk and all, I think it could ruin the economy system for some jobs such as the woodcutter job. Therefore, the perk of the builder would be more on the showcase aspect rather than the free aspect, because it could cause a ripple that affects other jobs.
/top is an extremely useful command. it really needs to stay where it is. you already get plenty of homes from ranking up so its kind of irrelevant at the higher levels. check out my earlier post about potential perks and such

- Obsidian
- redstone lamps
Edit:
- Red netherbrick
- cobweb

/top is an extremely useful command. it really needs to stay where it is. you already get plenty of homes from ranking up so its kind of irrelevant at the higher levels. check out my earlier post about potential perks and such
I do agree that top is a useful command, I wasn't dissing that perk. I was just talking about the perks at lvl 50 and 75. I also did not go into depth about the certain blocks that should be added, but I do agree with what you are saying as well.