Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Rejected Some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm Plannings! I've been playing on Azertu for a while now and I have some suggestions that could improve the server.

Elevators:
Using a type of block such as a diamond/gold block could make elevators. These would be a quick way of getting from floor to floor. There could be a 12 block limit, but a 24 block limit could be added upon ranking up or as a donor rank.

Bottled XP:
A command to bottle XP, this could be a rankup perk.

Shops:
Ability for others to be able to place in your shop. The owner of the shop would be the only one paying rent, but may add players of their choosing to their shop to be able to use as well.

Sitting:
A fun ./sit command to...well...sit!

Lottery:
Adding a daily and weekly lottery to entertain those with extra money and feed gambling habits.

Automatic Inventory:
An autosort command that will sort your inventory by grouping together similar items.
Ability to quickly deposit items into a chest by sneak, left-clicking the chest with one of the item you're depositing inside of it.
This could be a rankup perk or a donor perk.

Chests in the wild:
As there are an overabundance of abandoned chests in the wild, having chests in an unclaimed area automatically unlock after 2 weeks of no interaction with them would greatly reduce this. (and add raiding to the game!) While there is the /clearprotections command, that is only for claimed areas in your town which also clears the items.

Nether:
The Nether right now is a huge mess and by adding a resource nether that gets reset monthly would make it easier to gather nether materials without disrupting any town builds.

These are just a few suggestions I have to make the server even better, of course things may be tweaked or not added, but if there are any questions or additions, feel free to comment:)

Desu

I wrote something for each Suggestion!

Elevators: I think that this is a good idea... More and more server are putting this feature into their servers. It would be nice to have this as one of our special features as well!

Bottled XP: This is a good idea! We could start a whole new economic factor where we can sell xp!

Shops: I feel like this suggestion is not needed saying that anyone, above the rank where you can make shop signs, can make their OWN shops...

Sitting: This doesn't really need a comment because it's just a minor cosmetics detail...

Lottery: The servers economy is based run by the players... having that be broken by the server giving money out weekly or monthly will break it somehow....

Automatic Inventory: I feel like this will not be easily accessible to use because of the plug-in we use on the server. But I would like to see a satchel program maybe *wink* *wink*? I will probably make my own suggestion forum for that one...

Chest in the wild: Well.. That would probably only be able to be done if we reset the main world which isn't going to happen, at least I hope not. But the Devs. are working on the 1.13 update for the server, the resource world will fully be 1.13 which will automatically have the sunken ships and ruins.

Nether: Yes... that's all I have to say... yes.... but ..... Blaze spawners will become a lot more accessible.... so yeah

DanSau

Known Member
I like the elevator idea, sounds like something that would be handy for making farms and such.
I'm not a fan of unlocking chests in the wild, maybe if it went into their /claimplot, but having someone lose their items, or encourage any sort of "raiding" of old towns to get the loot just does not feel at home in a towny server like ours
Resource netherworld would be an interesting idea

Elevators:
I agree that elevators would be really nice for farms, grinders, shops, etc.

Bottled XP:
Like Desu said it would be really interesting for something to add to the economy.
It would also be useful for items that have mending as well. You wouldn't need to grind mobs to repair tools. You could just have xp bottles either in your inventory or personal vault.

Shops:
This would be really useful especially, in my opinion a shop is quite big, and it can be a bit hard to manage it all. If you split one shop area you can have three floors.
I also think it'll be fun for friends to share a shop together as well.

Lottery:
I like the idea of a lottery because sometimes I have moods of gambling, and I feel like technically it won't be the server "giving out" money. It's basically just redistributing money because the only money that goes into the pot is another player's money.

Nether Resource:
I really like this idea, because it keeps the towny claims from the nether, and it allows another world just for resources. As of now the nether world is really torn up and it's rather difficult for those to find anything within a couple thousand blocks while navigating without fly.

Collector_

Grandmaster Contributor
Chests in the wild:
As there are an overabundance of abandoned chests in the wild, having chests in an unclaimed area automatically unlock after 2 weeks of no interaction with them would greatly reduce this. (and add raiding to the game!) While there is the /clearprotections command, that is only for claimed areas in your town which also clears the items.
I honestly quite like this idea. Obviously 2 weeks is waaay too soon, as people could most definitely leave for a vacation, or have computer issues etc for quite a lot more than that. But the idea of unlocking chests seems like it would be a good thing (for the most part). On another server that I've played on (very similar to azertu, but with even stricter greifing/"raiding" policies than azertu), they unlocked chests of all players that had been offline for more than 8 months. This resulted in old resources and items to be recycled into the new community, and it seemed to work quite well, in my opinion. It seems like with the 5 chunk rule being discontinued, and greifing not being punished in all but a few conditions, I feel like this would be very minor compared to those things.

Volk

Administrator
Staff member
Elevators:
Using a type of block such as a diamond/gold block could make elevators. These would be a quick way of getting from floor to floor. There could be a 12 block limit, but a 24 block limit could be added upon ranking up or as a donor rank.

Nether:
The Nether right now is a huge mess and by adding a resource nether that gets reset monthly would make it easier to gather nether materials without disrupting any town builds.

--

I really enjoy both of these ideas. Elevators need more of a mechanism that will send you up. So a block or button that you click or a command that you type. Good Idea to Use Emerald? Emeralds can be rare at times and may bring a higher value to this item within the economy.

SirSalad

Grandmaster Contributor
I would love to see the following:

Elevators:
Maybe not as a donor exclusive perk, but as a Builder jobs perk perhaps.

Shops:
Ability for others to be able to place in your shop. The owner of the shop would be the only one paying rent, but may add players of their choosing to their shop to be able to use as well.
I'm not entirely sure if this is possible with what we currently have, but I'd love to see it nonetheless

Sitting:
A fun ./sit command to...well...sit!
I'd love to see the "ability to sit" be able to be toggled with /sit and players able to sit on slabs and stairs.

Bottled XP:
A command to bottle XP, this could be a rankup perk.
I'm sure as many others have said, this would be great to throw into the market of players. I'd also like to see non-vanilla exp bottles. Or ones that can hold varying amounts set by the player.

Nether resource - YES YES YES

Elevator blocks - I have played on other servers that had these. Specifically, it was a gold or iron pressure plate sitting on a note block. These could only be constructed by builders with the appropriate rank:
Builder level 50 - Can build elevators that only function on a common y axis.
Builder level 75 - Can build teleport pads that are linked anywhere in the overworld.

Nether resource - YES YES YES

Elevator blocks - I have played on other servers that had these. Specifically, it was a gold or iron pressure plate sitting on a note block. These could only be constructed by builders with the appropriate rank:
Builder level 50 - Can build elevators that only function on a common y axis.
Builder level 75 - Can build teleport pads that are linked anywhere in the overworld.
Just wanted to comment on this elevator-block idea.

I see multiple advantages here that could make this a positive addition for everyone:

1. Players that were already on the journey to top level Builder Job Status, now have additional incentive to keep their builds growing. We only had a few level 75 builders, but they instantly had a for-hire service for anyone.

2. Being able to instantly transport between elevators allowed "the casual" minecrafter to build higher, and with more flair. Having it as a perk, will encourage people to take on that job. This in turn will create more builds out in the wild.

3. It will be fun exploring the wilderness looking at everyone's build. This will encourage people to "venture out" from their own personal projects for a bit. With PVP being on in the wild, it will make it a far more "adventurous" place for those that like to engage in battle.

4. Height between platforms were no longer a nuisance for public buildings. This allowed shops to be better organized and visitor-friendly.

4.1. This created player driven "competitions" that were centered on the optimization of storage and space.

5. And how could someone miss the obvious Redstone benefits (I am a bit obsessed); No longer spending hours upon hours building piston elevators.

5.1. Then have the server lag for a sec (10 ticks for us geeks) and you get a sign on your build stating your "clock" is too fast.

5.2 Less Piston Elevators = Less Block updates/chunk = Less Resource intensive on the server = Less Lag for everyone!

SURE THERE ARE CON'S OUT THERE:

1. Less deaths due to accidentally falling off stacked sand in the middle of the nether.

2. Less likely to have a new redstone signal that has the unintentional effect of accidentally setting off a redstone device you were setting for the past 45 mins.

3. Less cool Piston elevators (if only they were not soooo laggy).

Bonus perk for the admins - It was already working on a 1.13 server, so less work integrating it into a higher version server.

Desu

Maybe not as a donor exclusive perk, but as a Builder jobs perk perhaps.
A good thing that could come out of this becoming a perk for this job is more people joining the job to get the perk, and as I've recently discovered, there is a builder shortage...

Status
Not open for further replies.