Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
Greetings fellow minecrafters. I am Lady_Tivona. I love minecraft and have been playing on a few other servers these past few years. Sadly, my 2 favorite places to play shut down last year. Since then I feel lost and alone.
Your server intrigues me. BUT, I dont understand 'towny' stuff and some of the other things I've read about (like runes and such).
And so, I have yet to actually log in to play.

I also would like to know about little things like:
-how do I pick a spot to live? Do I have to live in a 'town'? If I live far away, do I have a way to get to town? I love forests and mountains...
-what about the rule I saw: "If a resident is inactive for over 7 days, the Mayor has the right to remove them from the town." I'm a busy mom and there has been weeks that I dont get to play.... So this worries me...
-what about things like 'keep inventory' and 'fire spread'?
-is the server set to normal/hard??

Thanks in advance for your replies and answers to my questions. Hopefully this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. <3

Hello Lady_Tivona and welcome to Azertu! I hope you enjoy your stay! In addition, I'll answer a few of your questions :)

First, you can build your house in the main world. You can do this by doing /spawn then /rtp. RTP is random teleport. You do not have to live in a town, but the claims in a town are the only way to protect builds. Chests are automatically locked, so no one is able to access your chests unless you unlock them or give the player permission (/cunlock or /cmodify (name)). You can make a town at Lodger rank which I believe takes 9,500 to rank up to from Peasant to Lodger, then an additional 2,500 to make the town.

As for your second worry, this is a standard rule in many towns, however not all. There are some towns that are okay with you being inactive. However, if this is still a worry, you are able to make your own town. Remember though that towns have a daily upkeep. If the daily upkeep is more than the amount that is in the town bank, the town will fall, removing all claims (chests stay locked). However, when you make a town, you can put money in the town bank by doing /t deposit (amount). The upkeep is paid by the funds in the town bank.

For your third question, keep-inventory is only a perk of the rank Hydra, an in-game rank that is bought through the Azertu store. Fire spread is naturally off in the world, but you can toggle it on in your town.

As for the server difficulty, I am not 100% sure, but it would be a safe assumption that it is in Normal Difficulty.

I hope this answers your question! If I did not fully answer one, still confused, or have more, please ask! :D

Also, quick note. I just found some links that may be able to help you in the server.

For Mcmmo, you can visit the wiki here, but some rewards and levels are custom

For Towny commands, go here.

For your question on Runestones, runestones are custom enchants that can be used on tools and armour. There is a blacksmith at spawn that combines these for you! However, there is a success rate and destroy rate. Success is of course, the chance to successfully attach the rune to the tool/armour. Destroy is the chance that the rune does not work and destroys your tool/armour. You are able to increase the success chance and decrease the destroy chance by using blessing dust and cleansing dust, respectively. There are five variations of each dust, marking from 1% to 5%. You can get dust by turning in your unwanted runestones to the /tinker villager at /spawn and thus will receive mystery dust in return. Right-Clicking this dust will reveal its purpose and potency (Kind and %).

Another thing in this server is Relics. Relics are special items that (mostly) have beyond vanilla enchants, like unbreaking 8, fortune 5, sharpness 9, and more! You can find a player-made guide to relics here. The great player, Collector_, made this guide. :D
You can craft items called Relic Crystals, which when used, will give you a random relic item. To craft one, you put a Relic Core in the middle and Relic Fragments all around it. To obtain a core, you can get them out of vote crates by /voting, crates in the store, or by buying them off players. You can get fragments the same way. Fragments have another use as well but making a Spawner Spinner, an item that will give you a random spawner!

Many of these relic items can sell for quite a bit if you choose to sell. I would try to get an appraisal from multiple players before selling to make sure you're getting a good deal!

PawlerBear

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the server and i hope you like it here and im not even gonna attempt to explain something that snow has already done xD

Volk

Helper
Staff member
Welcome to the server! Snow has done an excellent job at explaining everything. A lot of what you'll learn with relics will become natural over time. Towny, jobs, and mcmmo are enhancements to the base game that give the player more of a purpose and ways to make money for the economy. Other than that, you can play traditionally. Jobs can be chosen based on your play style to keep you doing what you enjoy the most.

Thanks. I logged in today. Felt super overwhelmed. lol
I got some resources in resource world.
I picked a job, but it seems useless until I live somewhere. LOL
Speaking of...is there a better (detailed) list of towns? In game, the list is so long and it doenst say details.
I'd like to live in the woods, like a taiga or something. I suppose I could start my own, but I want to understand stuff first (and I dont want to risk my stuff being griefed and I hate pvp). This is all confusing to a person who never lived in this kind of server before.

Understandable! There is a lot that goes in the server.

In the server's discord, people advertise their towns in the #recruitment section. In addition, people advertise there towns in game as well. As for the biome you want, that may be difficult to accomplish in someone else's town. You will need to hope that their town is in that biome or the town outpost is located in that biome.

As for what you have done so far on the server, you are on track with things. You can put all your resources in chests until you find a town since chests are automatically locked unless you unlock them. But you can always do you job, whether in a town or not.

Don't worry about pvp on the server. The map is big enough, and most of the people on the server are occupied enough doing other things that you will rarely to never encounter someone in the wild, and since this is not a pvp based server (although it is enabled, it's not a major part), if you did happen to find someone, most people won't fight unless you want to fight them.
Jobs are always good to work on. You can either get to lodger and create your own town, or join an existing town. Either way, you're going to need to make money to rankup a bit.
If you want to make your own town, I would suggest finding a place that you would like to create it when you are able, and make some storage there. You can /sethome there until you're able to create a town. Chests can't be unlocked by anyone other than the owner of the chest, so you don't have to worry about your stuff getting stolen. Don't build any permanent structures until you make your town, though.

I
Thanks. I logged in today. Felt super overwhelmed. lol
I got some resources in resource world.
I picked a job, but it seems useless until I live somewhere. LOL
Speaking of...is there a better (detailed) list of towns? In game, the list is so long and it doenst say details.
I'd like to live in the woods, like a taiga or something. I suppose I could start my own, but I want to understand stuff first (and I dont want to risk my stuff being griefed and I hate pvp). This is all confusing to a person who never lived in this kind of server before.
if you would like to join mine you are more than welcome

Understandable! There is a lot that goes in the server.

In the server's discord, people advertise their towns in the #recruitment section. In addition, people advertise there towns in game as well. As for the biome you want, that may be difficult to accomplish in someone else's town. You will need to hope that their town is in that biome or the town outpost is located in that biome.

As for what you have done so far on the server, you are on track with things. You can put all your resources in chests until you find a town since chests are automatically locked unless you unlock them. But you can always do you job, whether in a town or not.
:-O I didnt know that about chests. I was wondering what all the chest in houses were at spawn. Um, how do I get back to spawn? LOL I left off in the resource world...which is a very interesting place.

And I LOVE animals...so a herdsman sounds like a good safe start for me, but I havent seen any animals (yet). That is why I said I need to get established first.

The #recruitment section only has about 3 listings....

I will recruit you my town is UnitedEstate you can see it by doing /t spawn UnitedEstate
to get back to the world spawn do /spawn and to join my town do /t join UnitedEstate I have two mob spawners. Blaze and Zombie. if you join i will check to town when i get online and i will build you a plot if you build a sign in the direction you want your plot i will try my best to suit your wants. A town is nothing without is people right?
We if you look at the recruitment section on the website you can see all the towns rules the town currently has 4 members. I can supply my town with many requests just leave a sign somewhere i will find it when i get on. If we are both online at the same time i can guide you around the server and answer any question you may have.

:-O I didnt know that about chests. I was wondering what all the chest in houses were at spawn. Um, how do I get back to spawn? LOL I left off in the resource world...which is a very interesting place.

And I LOVE animals...so a herdsman sounds like a good safe start for me, but I havent seen any animals (yet). That is why I said I need to get established first.

The #recruitment section only has about 3 listings....
Also, as for the recruitment section, you are looking on the website, not the Discord. The discord has numerous town listings. To join the discord, do /discord in game (I'm pretty sure that is the command). Then under the #recruitment section, it will show the listings. There is usually a new listing daily, multiple a day in most cases.

Also, as for the recruitment section, you are looking on the website, not the Discord. The discord has numerous town listings. To join the discord, do /discord in game (I'm pretty sure that is the command). Then under the #recruitment section, it will show the listings. There is usually a new listing daily, multiple a day in most cases.
Oh and discord is the #1 chatting app for gamers. Many gamers and servers use discord so it is a reliable source to get messages across to players even if they are offline You can get to discord via the website or the App you can get on your devices

Yeah, I have discord. I just dont like it. LOL And I forget to check there. I suppose I'd better 'get with the program' and start checking it more often.... :-/ My computer doesnt have a camera or mic...
@UntitledEpicness I'll check out your town, but I'm not really a fan of the ocean lol
THANK YOU ALL for answering my many questions!