Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Server Reset Deba.. i mean Discussion

Desu

Known Member
and I would think you would keep your ranks you bought from the store lol just resetting the map and everyones inventory is what should be reset.
It's not just our inventory or map builds, it is all of the time and effort put into our jobs. Having to restart our jobs from the very bottom and working our way up will be some what of a challenge and most players probably don't want to have to go through it again.

I am neither for nor against a server reset, it has its merits but also people are still playing and happy with the server. the hard part would be dealing with regular players quitting over it though, but I think the server would be just fine as most regulars would stay and new players would join. However taking away players progress towards ranks which is a driving factor for a lot of players progression would likely be a bad idea.

My whole point is, its a video game lol. If you have EVER played a bigger Minecraft server, they reset every few months or so. Keeps the server flowing with new economy and player base. It literally keeps you guys growing lol.....
The other server I play on didnt do a reset until 1.13 came out (before that it just updated when spigot did)...and it was discussed civilly before hand so everyone knew what to expect

IF there is any reset to come forth -- wild or resource to 1.13/1.14 you could implement another world dedicated to those changes such as u do a command to get to that world as if some people are so worried about such things above then the new world would be a command to get to and not have to worry about said changes- just an opinion/option :) (to be clear I have not read up on all of the above discussions this is just my intake on previous experiences

with that said, if you did this there would be a complete reset on inventory and yes you'd have to start over but for the players who would not want too then they can stay where they are. ender chest their stuff over and possibly keep their balance to switch to that command to the new world.

Last edited:

Desu

Known Member
IF there is any reset to come forth -- wild or resource to 1.13/1.14 you could implement another world dedicated to those changes such as u do a command to get to that world as if some people are so worried about such things above then the new world would be a command to get to and not have to worry about said changes- just an opinion/option :) (to be clear I have not read up on all of the above discussions this is just my intake on previous experiences

with that said, if you did this there would be a complete reset on inventory and yes you'd have to start over but for the players who would not want too then they can stay where they are. ender chest their stuff over and possibly keep their balance to switch to that command to the new world.
SirK decided not to do this because it would divide the player base. He just doesn't think that that would be the answer.

Desu

Known Member
What if we can find a way to find the same exact seed for our world in a 1.13 or 14 form, then we can sorta copy the world over? It sounds like a stretch though...

Desu

Known Member
What if we can find a way to find the same exact seed for our world in a 1.13 or 14 form, then we can sorta copy the world over? It sounds like a stretch though...
O well there are the new biomes.... I guess not then.

Well I think that the best solution is that we copy our main world over to a 1.13 or 14 server and the resource world will be the only world with the "new biomes" which are basically different versions of an ocean" That way, the "real" world will be able to grow and spawn in the new things, but we get to keep all of our stuff.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
O well there are the new biomes.... I guess not then.

Well I think that the best solution is that we copy our main world over to a 1.13 or 14 server and the resource world will be the only world with the "new biomes" which are basically different versions of an ocean"
Can always edit your post :p

Nonetheless, I think numerous people would enjoy building in the new biomes and making new bases within them. But that has also be discussed already in this thread.:D

So, I'm not sure I'm even allowed to say this, but why can't the server be updated while leaving everything ( player town, economy, money, inventory, ranks, jobs, etc) intact? I ask this because I know another server has done exactly this. I am against a server reset personally.. putting in a lot of time and real money into ranks and gear is not something I would do if I know there is going to be a server reset.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
So, I'm not sure I'm even allowed to say this, but why can't the server be updated while leaving everything ( player town, economy, money, inventory, ranks, jobs, etc) intact? I ask this because I know another server has done exactly this. I am against a server reset personally.. putting in a lot of time and real money into ranks and gear is not something I would do if I know there is going to be a server reset.
That can be answered in Killian's post on the thread which you can view by click here.

I dont want an Reset, but this must be happen after some time. but at least i hope that we could keep our player data too (levels, jobs, mcmmo, inventory etc)

i know im late to the band waggon on this one, but this conversation recently popped up, so i scoured the site to see if any mention had been made, and poof, its here. i read every single comment, and to be honest, i completely and 100% agree with what Sirk said. if your going to do a server reset, you do it properly. you dont do a half a job bob job about it, doing a reset would allow the arrival of way more new features, and as Sirk said, the relics that he wants to completely redo. i personally think that doing a complete reset, wiping balances, pvs, land, etc would be a great idea, and would be the most beneficial way to get the most out of a reset. Sirk wants to redo the relic system, but if people were to carry items over from the current world, a LOT of current relics would make it over, and therefore would stop Sirk from redoing the relic system. theres a lot of pro's and con's to a reset but i fully 100% agree with Sirk

Desu

Known Member
i know im late to the band waggon on this one, but this conversation recently popped up, so i scoured the site to see if any mention had been made, and poof, its here. i read every single comment, and to be honest, i completely and 100% agree with what Sirk said. if your going to do a server reset, you do it properly. you dont do a half a job bob job about it, doing a reset would allow the arrival of way more new features, and as Sirk said, the relics that he wants to completely redo. i personally think that doing a complete reset, wiping balances, pvs, land, etc would be a great idea, and would be the most beneficial way to get the most out of a reset. Sirk wants to redo the relic system, but if people were to carry items over from the current world, a LOT of current relics would make it over, and therefore would stop Sirk from redoing the relic system. theres a lot of pro's and con's to a reset but i fully 100% agree with Sirk
SirK said that there will be no reset as of right now.

Also I spent a little less than a month trying to level up my manticore hoe and others have done the same with different achievements and the community does not want to loose their hard work progress. The predicted outcome for a reset is that most players will leave the server.

SirK said that there will be no reset as of right now.

Also I spent a little less than a month trying to level up my manticore hoe and others have done the same with different achievements and the community does not want to loose their hard work progress. The predicted outcome for a reset is that most players will leave the server.
That may be the case, but like every other server, it cant stay 1.12.2 forever. a reset is inevitable, no matter what. be it now, or a year later. its going to happen some day. if it doesnt change we will still lose players either way