Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Server Reset Deba.. i mean Discussion

Also
2. I completely disagree with that. it will be unfair for those that already spend a ton of money on their ranks.
As a person that has already "spent a ton of money on my rank" I would find it much more unfair to have it taken away than for others to be able to obtain it more easily than me. If rank prices were decreased this very second, I would be happy that there is less work for me the rest of the way to Emperor, and if they were decreased after I got to Emperor, I would feel proud that I got it when it was all the more difficult, and would be happy that others don't have to waste as much time as me getting to where I am. And I'm pretty sure most other high level players would agree.

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
players will quit? to start over again on another server where they have nothing at all anyways? Alright, I don't mind.

IF and when a reset happens it would be done properly. and i really don't think it should even be discussed right now and i surely do not agree with this thread. Its confusing players, its creating drama and its ... useless...

Not continuing anything but Id honestly love to be able to keep my monthly crate gear and my idea to let people have some items while also not giving new players much of a hurdle to jump is to give current players (Before reset) a 9 item slot space where people can put anything they want (Except shulkers) that way people can choose to bring over a set of armor and tools to give the dedicated players a helping hand and the chance to keep their donor items (Monthly and reforged gear) and maybe before reset disable relic crystals so people cant take them through the reset to get the new relics straight away (if we are still gonna do that) just my 2 cents

*Pulls Out My Card that Says I was the 5th person ever to join the server*
So Uh, As a veteran player who does things considerably different than most other veteran players I think I should share my opinions on the matter.
regarding a potential reset I saw this coming as soon as 1,13 came out, as far as world corruption and junk... I agree with waiting until a stable 1.14 World reset would be wonderful for a lot of reasons, maybe even add a resource nether and end this time around. I like a lot of the things being said, Only thing I don't like is the whole (jobs/money/all items) reset. Its not a bad argument as to why all player data should be wiped but I personally wouldn't enjoy it.
In saying that I would be okay with all player data being wiped, and then possibly being restored manually for those who want it restored. Essentially people would have to request and provide proof to get their stats back, a fair bit of work but that would make active people happy and forever inactive peoples data not clog the system.
Also I side with Daniel as far as the temporary private inventories being given to transfer items. Very much so, Especially map items... The only reason is because I want to be able to bring my maps.
However if a map making world was implemented I have all the schematics and would happily accept a no-deal Azexit.
:)

Moving back to the subject of moving items across, what about pets? Would these be able to be transferred across somehow, via eggs or something? and what about pets that at least one person I can think of named with taggers, would these be somehow transferable or...?
1549822146388.png

Desu

Known Member
I feel like this can be executed properly if we think of every detail and plan out for what would come up ahead. Like you said before, it is bad for the server to remain on 1.12.2 even with the resource world also being reset to 1.13(if the staff team is still working on it). We should reset the world....

Here are my thoughts
  • Be able to bring stuff over: Some people like Collector, 45, Dark, and more have special items that they hold on to. I have my (small) collection of event items and other stuff. Collector, as the name applies, spends his time collecting stuff. Some people also made purchases on the store to gather items and for those to be taken away is wrong.
  • AH: Maybe also just go ahead and quickly transfer over the ah so people won't have to remove them and add them again.
  • Jobs: People have been spending days working on their job, and that's really why I want to keep the jobs non reseted. And as Collector stated, the Macro ban already made a couple of players quit. But just think of what would happen if some higher leveled people would feel if ALL of their progress was wiped.
  • Towns: Some people have worked hard on their towns. Could we maybe allow schematics to be made for builds that we want to save? As well as that, some people have big down to bedrock bases and those take some time to build. Could we maybe allow a "chunk buster" to be added, maybe just for people who want to have their "bases" added back. I do see how that could become a problem though.
  • Economy: I've seen a couple of posts about the economy breaking and what not. But I think that maybe I found a solution, but it's weird and I literally just thought of it. Could we maybe allow a payment to be made to a player based on their rank? Like they would be payed based off their rank? For example, Desu is rank, Viscount, he is payed 3.5M. (idk though lol)
  • Pandas: There are freaking Pandas in 1.14, at least I think....

Basically, if there was a FULL RESET, some players that are higher up would just leave out of frustration, as of right now maybe not for me, but if enough people that I'm close to on the server left, I would to probably. I just don't think that a full reset is the right way to go.

(love you though Killy)

I was going to buy a reforged pickaxe but i guess i will wait until after the reset. Just to be safe

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
I was going to buy a reforged pickaxe but i guess i will wait until after the reset. Just to be safe
There as Killian has already stated, "We have made absolutely no plans to do a reset yet. The only reason I'm making this post is because players are getting slightly confused. If a reset is planned we will make sure you get notified about this change. "

So you can still purchase things, build farms and builds, and continue gameplay as normal. This won't be a topic that would be brought up to player like "Hey in a week, we are gonna reset, cool." It'll be talked through with staff, in addition to a decent amount of time in advance.
However, I cannot stress this enough, there are no plans and no talks right now to reset the server.

To be honest, this is mainly Killian’s decision either way, he does not have to give us the kindness of this discussion. Ultimately, he knows more about this server and has more experience than any of us, and we should trust his judgment. It is plain unhealthy for a server to never reset, it will happen at some point, or it will die. Updates do more for a server than you could imagine, I have watched as servers have died because there was nothing new introduced or added. Many servers do economic resets to keep it healthy. I do, however, agree it would be nice if those before the reset got something. Some servers do reset kits automatically always given to those who have been through one, maybe job EXP, I dont know. Something would be nice to ease worries, but starting with nothing isn’t a bad idea either.. I would almost prefer it.

But it has already been said there are no plans in the near future for a reset, so this message and all others in this are not really relevant to be honest.

How about if the player data is reset which i hope is not, but if so add like a like time 3 multiplier for player who reached a certain ranks like say if you passed apprenticed then you get this multiplier so player that disagree with the reset will still have a reason to stay on. The newbies don't get this benefit because they didn't lose anything
I dont think this idea will go but it may spark a better idea

• AH: Maybe also just go ahead and quickly transfer over the ah so people won't have to remove them and add them again.
I do not understand what you mean by that?

• Towns: Some people have worked hard on their towns. Could we maybe allow schematics to be made for builds that we want to save? As well as that, some people have big down to bedrock bases and those take some time to build. Could we maybe allow a "chunk buster" to be added, maybe just for people who want to have their "bases" added back. I do see how that could become a problem though.
Killian already stated that this wouldn't happen. As much as I would want to transfer my builds, doing it the way you are suggesting would require so much work.

• Economy: I've seen a couple of posts about the economy breaking and what not. But I think that maybe I found a solution, but it's weird and I literally just thought of it. Could we maybe allow a payment to be made to a player based on their rank? Like they would be payed based off their rank? For example, Desu is rank, Viscount, he is payed 3.5M. (idk though lol)
Not a big fan of this. First of, ingame rank is not necessarily comparable with player wealth. Secondly, by giving out a lot of cash at a reset, you technically just deflate the currency, making it worth less. If this was done, and everything else was reset, we would see a very weird economy the first weeks (which, no matter what, will happen to some degree), where the high-ranked players from the last version would have a monopoly on frankly everything. The economy, also on Azertu, is based on supply and demand.

There as Killian has already stated, "We have made absolutely no plans to do a reset yet. The only reason I'm making this post is because players are getting slightly confused. If a reset is planned we will make sure you get notified about this change. "

So you can still purchase things, build farms and builds, and continue gameplay as normal. This won't be a topic that would be brought up to player like "Hey in a week, we are gonna reset, cool." It'll be talked through with staff, in addition to a decent amount of time in advance.
However, I cannot stress this enough, there are no plans and no talks right now to reset the server.
Killian, and everyone else, would be naive if they thought that it wouldn't lead to a decreased amount of sales of relic items, when stating that store bought relics would probably not be transferred in a potential upcoming reset. Just talking about a reset makes people anxious, deep down everyone know that a server is going to reset at some point, but until recently everyone was told that the main world "never gets reset" when they asked. And the more talk of this subject, the more the economy will begin to shut down, honestly.

How about if the player data is reset which i hope is not, but if so add like a like time 3 multiplier for player who reached a certain ranks like say if you passed apprenticed then you get this multiplier so player that disagree with the reset will still have a reason to stay on. The newbies don't get this benefit because they didn't lose anything
A modifier to what? And how would this make it tempting for new players to join the server? "Hey, you just missed the old server, so you suck at everything, but welcome."

DanSau

Known Member
No.
If a full reset is done, there should not be any multiplies for anyone, since there would be no reason for it.
The whole point of this discussion is about why there should not be a full reset and why some player data should be saved. So if there is a decision to do a full reset, there would be no reason to try and give old players an advantage in a brand new, reset server

To be honest, this is mainly Killian’s decision either way, he does not have to give us the kindness of this discussion. Ultimately, he knows more about this server and has more experience than any of us, and we should trust his judgment. It is plain unhealthy for a server to never reset, it will happen at some point, or it will die. Updates do more for a server than you could imagine, I have watched as servers have died because there was nothing new introduced or added. Many servers do economic resets to keep it healthy. I do, however, agree it would be nice if those before the reset got something. Some servers do reset kits automatically always given to those who have been through one, maybe job EXP, I dont know. Something would be nice to ease worries, but starting with nothing isn’t a bad idea either.. I would almost prefer it.

But it has already been said there are no plans in the near future for a reset, so this message and all others in this are not really relevant to be honest.
If you need to reset a eco, ever, that means the eco is broken and needs to be fixed.
You should not have to reset the eco, If the jobs are stable and there is enough money drains, the eco should be able to sustain itself as new players join and old ones leave.
I know a lot of servers do it, but just because other servers do it, does not mean it is a good thing to do or something we should do.

Yes, it is killians decision, but he ofc cares about what the community thinks and to say "well, he is just going to do whatever he feels like" is a silly way to think, he will do what is best for the server and he will listen to what the community thinks about it and take a decision based on what is best for the server.

o_o

wat?

Like we have ALL said, this is a far out event, something that will not happen for so, so long, something that has not even been decided yet
we are just talking about it, don't go all nuclear just because we are talking about it.
Play as normal, buy your relics and have fun, these things take time, comments like this just ruin the discussion, same with asking "when is the reset!?!?!" or "What about my house!?!"
I made sure to say this in the first post, very, very clearly to specifically avoid comment like this, but yet, they somehow still get said

No.
If you need to reset a eco, ever, that means the eco is broken and needs to be fixed.
You should not have to reset the eco, If the jobs are stable and there is enough money drains, the eco should be able to sustain itself as new players join and old ones leave.
I know a lot of servers do it, but just because other servers do it, does not mean it is a good thing to do or something we should do.
Totally agree, you shouldn't reset the economy without changing what broke it. If nothing is to be changed, it shouldn't get reset.

o_o

wat?

Like we have ALL said, this is a far out event, something that will not happen for so, so long, something that has not even been decided yet
we are just talking about it, don't go all nuclear just because we are talking about it.
Play as normal, buy your relics and have fun, these things take time, comments like this just ruin the discussion, same with asking "when is the reset!?!?!" or "What about my house!?!"
I made sure to say this in the first post, very, very clearly to specifically avoid comment like this, but yet, they somehow still get said
I get your point Dan, but you really can't blame him. You can't expect people to be as willing to buy items they might lose, even if that is far in the future. Of course no one expects to have those items for the rest of their lives, and everyone deep down knew that the server had to reset (or close) at some point, but whether you like it or not, talking about it will rattle people :)

DanSau

Known Member
Totally agree, you shouldn't reset the economy without changing what broke it. If nothing is to be changed, it shouldn't get reset.

I get your point Dan, but you really can't blame him. You can't expect people to be as willing to buy items they might lose, even if that is far in the future. Of course no one expects to have those items for the rest of their lives, and everyone deep down knew that the server had to reset (or close) at some point, but whether you like it or not, talking about it will rattle people :)
People keep saying the eco is broken, i personally have no idea what they mean with that, i also spoke to DarkType, owner of the largest shop on the server, Z,
He did not see anything broken either, could you detail what part is broken about the eco? not the jobs or the job pay, i mean the economy

People keep saying the eco is broken, i personally have no idea what they mean with that, i also spoke to DarkType, owner of the largest shop on the server, Z,
He did not see anything broken either, could you detail what part is broken about the eco? not the jobs or the job pay, i mean the economy
I am not saying the economy is broken, I was agreeing with you. But if Killian believes it is broken, he should change what broke it, not just reset it, because it would eventually spiral back into what it is now :)

Look- I understand all the upsides and benefits of a server reset. I understand the inability to split the server and splice both player pools and server performance. I understand the need to “get a fresh start”. I don’t mean to sound like the average “That’s not fair!” guy, but i really want my opinion to be heard (as I think many people can relate).

I found this server a little over a month ago, and it was literally my favorite MC server. There’s a small community of nice, helpful people. I found a nice town (top 10 now :D). In the short span of time, I came to like this server because I can always come back to my house. The town I have settled in. I made it to Expert rank and planned to continue on. I am in the middle class economy wise (on the server). I helped build a bunch of stuff for the town I live in, and all these things: my shop; items; house; builds; they all give me this sense of pride.

I understand that being at the top is boring and being at the bottom can seem tedious, but a reset essentially screws over the entire middle class of players. New players lose nothing, and higher players may want a reset, but everyone else is in this gray area where they lose everything.

The other thing about the server is the ability to reach goals. In this point of time where I was just about to reach higher goals - why work towards goals when it’s all temporary? A reset will lead to new goals, but is the current version all worthless now?

I understand that this will happen at least a month from now, and there are no plans set in stone, but there are just as many negative implications of a reset than there are positives. With a full world reset, the biomes will be reset, along with towns, houses, shops, grinders, spawners. The whole world will be at a standstill while the best players race for the essentials.

I can’t offer a counterpoint or a prime solution, but I do believe that there is some conclusion that can preserve the state of the server, and the time dedicated by players.

Thanks for reading,
Qyn

players will quit? to start over again on another server where they have nothing at all anyways? Alright, I don't mind.

IF and when a reset happens it would be done properly. and i really don't think it should even be discussed right now and i surely do not agree with this thread. Its confusing players, its creating drama and its ... useless...
OK, you say you are not the owner, yet many say the decision is up to you. So, who is the owner? I'd like to know, from them, why did they even started this server?
Whether or not you are the owner, you are apparently in a position of 'authority' on matters in here? ...which, in my experience (as someone who used to manage businesses in real life-yes, I'm old) this means dealing with people. Understanding their fears, talking to them, answering questions... AKA: customer service.
You say you dont care if people leave...that is a very uncaring thing to say.
People are the reason this server exists! No players...no server.
So, this discussion IS NOT useless...the players have a right to know what is happening.
And if this server is NOT updating anytime soon (as you say), why should new people join?
Why should current players stay on an outdated, buggy, server?

ThyV

Staff member
OK, you say you are not the owner, yet many say the decision is up to you. So, who is the owner? I'd like to know, from them, why did they even started this server?
Whether or not you are the owner, you are apparently in a position of 'authority' on matters in here? ...which, in my experience (as someone who used to manage businesses in real life-yes, I'm old) this means dealing with people. Understanding their fears, talking to them, answering questions... AKA: customer service.
You say you dont care if people leave...that is a very uncaring thing to say.
People are the reason this server exists! No players...no server.
So, this discussion IS NOT useless...the players have a right to know what is happening.
And if this server is NOT updating anytime soon (as you say), why should new people join?
Why should current players stay on an outdated, buggy, server?
Outdated and buggy? If we were to update to 1.13 right now, the server would come with a lot more bugs and server lag issues then ever before. 1.13 is not optimized to where a server can be run on a stable machine. 1.13 is much more buggy then 1.12 is.

Not to mention we have many bug fixes done regularly. We do care about the server. And its within our interest to keep bugs to a minimum. But if we were to update at this current point in time. It wouldn't be very good. It would do more harm then good.

Also new people will and still are joining due to 1.12 being the more used version of the game, not to mention we allow player who use 1.13 to join as well.

1.12 is the most used version of the game!? I dont know where that 'fact' comes from...
The other server I play on is already updated to 1.13.2 (It runs Spigot) ....
I'm one of those 'new people' who joined recently; And yeah, someone with 1.13 CAN join...but they soon realize there is no 1.13 new things (no ocean stuff) and doors & windows don't work right and staff tells them to load in 1.12....

DanSau

Known Member
1.12 is the most used version of the game!? I dont know where that 'fact' comes from...
The other server I play on is already updated to 1.13.2 (It runs Spigot) ....
I'm one of those 'new people' who joined recently; And yeah, someone with 1.13 CAN join...but they soon realize there is no 1.13 new things (no ocean stuff) and doors & windows don't work right and staff tells them to load in 1.12....
You are completely derailing the entire thread, stick to the topic i provided or i will be forced to get a staff member to close this thread.
This thread is not about whether or not we should do a world reset, or even what version we should update to. It is about hearing what the players think about a full reset and possible solutions, within the realm of reality
This thread is not about what version is better or saying complaining about a world reset

Welp, despite there being no plans for this currently, I really have to say this feels like a nail in the coffin for some of us players. Spending months building multilayer farms and dropping $500 in shop purchases, only to have a thread pop up saying all that could be reset? Yes I see both sides. However even just reading this makes my desire to build and certainly buy dwindle. I mean, we reset the server.. how long before the following reset? Again, I see it from both sides, but as a customer, it feels close to fraudulent to make irl purchases and have them deleted. If its not planned, yall really should just consider removing this post because its causing way more problems than its resolving.

My whole point is, its a video game lol. If you have EVER played a bigger Minecraft server, they reset every few months or so. Keeps the server flowing with new economy and player base. It literally keeps you guys growing lol..... I get it if your a player that's been playing here for a really long time and invested hard labor. What did you think was going to happen tho? Your builds would stay on the server for years to come as long as it lives lol. Look at it from the owners perspective and the new players. Resetting would make it more enjoyable for new players like myself because we would be able to do SO much more and have a even start with everyone else, we wouldn't feel like fucking ants. I cant even think about how many people have joined my tiny town and never come back, I give them thousands in money and armor but they just half build a house and never come back. Literally could walk around the main world for hours spotting towns in ruin and chunks that have been mined for no reason and just literally makes you feel like there's not a spot that's been untouched. kind of defeats the whole purpose of towny and finding a spot for one.

My whole point is, its a video game lol. If you have EVER played a bigger Minecraft server, they reset every few months or so. Keeps the server flowing with new economy and player base. It literally keeps you guys growing lol..... I get it if your a player that's been playing here for a really long time and invested hard labor. What did you think was going to happen tho? Your builds would stay on the server for years to come as long as it lives lol. Look at it from the owners perspective and the new players. Resetting would make it more enjoyable for new players like myself because we would be able to do SO much more and have a even start with everyone else, we wouldn't feel like fucking ants. I cant even think about how many people have joined my tiny town and never come back, I give them thousands in money and armor but they just half build a house and never come back. Literally could walk around the main world for hours spotting towns in ruin and chunks that have been mined for no reason and just literally makes you feel like there's not a spot that's been untouched. kind of defeats the whole purpose of towny and finding a spot for one.
and I would think you would keep your ranks you bought from the store lol just resetting the map and everyones inventory is what should be reset.

Desu

Known Member

Yeah we should just drop it for now, pick it up if the Eco breaks or a bug somehow occurs and we can't do anything about it.