Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

SirSalad

Many of you know Discord has recently released it's "server boost" feature to help support the server. We get cool stuff such as banners, external emojis, a fancy role, and the possibility of vanity links: More information can also be found here.

Many of you also know that we used to have our premium roles displayed on the member list as well. This was removed in an effort to implement a verification system to completely rid bots. It ended up working to an extent, but DiscordSRV ended up causing a lag spike every few minutes. As it seems that we've moved away from using that, why not bring back our premium roles? I think it would be a nice thing to have and it would be nice to see more color in chats.

I do miss the premium roles, and I would be in favour of having them back, even if it meant manually adding them back to users. I can understand it being a little tedious however, since manually adding can get a bit tiring and repetitive, hence why some people may be against it.

Volk

Administrator
Staff member
DiscordSRV implementation part 2 also failed so we are experimenting new ideas.

Desu

The revival of this feature is something that staff are eventually going to do because its genuinely a great feature. I also think that we should have our ranks displayed on the forums under our names like this...
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 3.41.28 PM.png

SirSalad

I was looking for easier ways to do this, and I found this. It seems like an easy way to just take our "forum ranks" and push them on discord

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
There's also a Tebex bot which I think can do this as well.
Tebex bot is trash and doesn't work 50% of the time. (We have already tried this as well)

What’s the issue with just doing it manually?
We have over 1000 players with a premium rank. Doing it manually is a huge time-consuming task, and we would rather focus on other things that actually improve the server.

However, We do plan on bringing this back in the near feature. I'll push it high up the priority list.

Desu

We have over 1000 players with a premium rank. Doing it manually is a huge time-consuming task, and we would rather focus on other things that actually improve the server.
Aren't there bots where you can choose your role manually?

Edit: Just relised how stupid this solution is... (decided to leave it bc I think its rlly funny). But why can't like Helpers be in charge of dishing out ranks?

SirSalad

Aren't there bots where you can choose your role manually?

Edit: Just relised how stupid this solution is... (decided to leave it bc I think its rlly funny). But why can't like Helpers be in charge of dishing out ranks?
Mod+ are able to push out ranks afaik.

However, We do plan on bringing this back in the near feature. I'll push it high up the priority list.
I understand your concern with this process being lengthy and time consuming, but considering the amount of people active and willing to participate for things other than discord-exclusive events, it really does narrow thousands to < 100.
Also, what about syncing BuyCraft Premium roles with Xenforo and Xenforo with Discord?

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
what about syncing BuyCraft Premium roles with Xenforo and Xenforo with Discord?
Eventually, in an ideal situation, We would like to make it so your Minecraft character (UUID), Your forum account and your discord account are all linked up with each other. However, We are currently struggling a little bit with this.