Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Should spawner prices be increased?

• Total voters

NakiCam

Known Member
For months, people with the hunter job have been collecting less and less wither heads. The market supply for beacons has taken a massive hit, And the market value too! but worse than all of this, Is the spawner (And spawner spinner) values. Do you remember back to the times when you could actually make a half decent profit, farming wither skulls, Crafting up spawner spinners and selling the Sheep spawner? Or just selling the spinners because of your lack of luck? Well I think we need to bring those times back!
Here's how you can help:

I've put together a list of the prices that I think spawners should be priced at Minimum. If we all can agree to list out spawners at these prices, then we can meet the Equilibrium again.
It'd also be a great help if we could buy out all of the cheaper spawners and relist them for the prices stated here. Lets take this example:

Joe: Oh boy! I'm going to sell my 7 cow spawners for 50k each!
John: **Buys cow spawners and re-lists for 100k**
Jeff: Oh no! There are no longer any cheap cow spawners in stock! Now I have to buy them for 100k instead.
Joe: Oh my gosh, People are making so much money off of cow spawners now! I want to make 100k per cow spawner!

I think that:
Cow spawners = > 100k
Pig spawners = > 75k
Chicken spawners = > 75k
Sheep spawners = > 450k
Zombie spawners = > 8k
Skeleton spawners = > 8k
Blaze spawners = > 80k
Cave spider / spider spawners = > 6k

If we all could begin increasing the prices of spawners like this, Then I think that the spawner spinner value will increase, Hence increasing the value of wither skulls; and in turn beacons. I think this will help to bring hunter job back into balance.

If you have any objections and/or different suggestions, i'd love to hear them, So please don't hesitate to make counter-proposals in the comments.

Thanks
--Naki

Desu

Grandmaster Contributor
I feel like these prices are pretty fair, most people would probably say that they are too high but they value of them is higher than they are being sold for. But I don't think that you can just ask to change the economy it shifts as the server grows.

the only reason to why there is less and less demand for wither skulls, or fewer people getting them, is because fewer people are buying a ton of them, demand and supply< thats all there is to it, but server has been going for 2 years, so yes prices will be far lower compared to what they were a year ago.. depending on how many came into the came during such time and how many people actually look for them

Desu

Grandmaster Contributor
the only reason to why there is less and less demand for wither skulls, or fewer people getting them, is because fewer people are buying a ton of them, demand and supply< thats all there is to it, but server has been going for 2 years, so yes prices will be far lower compared to what they were a year ago.. depending on how many came into the came during such time and how many people actually look for them
The only reason why they were bought in the first place was to make withers then get the crystal to make end crystals to kill the ender dragon for Hunter job, but I don't think that that method is in great use anymore.

Edit: i am big dumb dumb and not a stupoid hunter smh

Last edited:

SirSalad

Grandmaster Contributor
The only reason why they were bought in the first place was to make withers then get the crystal to make end crystals to kill the ender dragon for Hunter job, but I don't think that that method is in great use anymore.
End Crystals require ghast tears :cry::cry:.

I think I brought this up in a suggestion previously where the gist was to re-balance/modify cook-herdsman values to accommodate for mobs that aren't sheep. Staff said it would be too drastic of a change because spawner spinner chances would have to be modified

Wyrewynd

Helper
Staff member
UHm... but sometimes people want to just sell something, and sell it fast, or they aren't that bothered. I think setting minimum prices takes away a seller's freedom, and, results in people complaining that some people are overcharging.

Staff have no business setting prices on items. Do that, and you take away a free market. Very few servers have that nowadays, and it’s something to appreciate.

Unless something new got added that required wither skulls I doubt that the price of them would go up same thing for spawners if there wasn't a alternative use I doubt they would go up in price and even if that would happend it wouldn't be permanent oh and I agree to what _Debug said.

In a player run economy, the correct price for an item is "whatever the market will bear."

If someone wants to purchase someone's items and then repost for a higher price, that is them utilizing the market. People may not like market manipulation on that scale, but it is a by-product of having an open market.