Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Volk

Administrator
Staff member
Last time I made one it was 50,000. I think upkeep is around 2,500 a day from what I have heard. :D

Uh, 50k is correct but the 2.5k upkeep is not... Idk what the exact number is but its less than 500. I didn't think it had any effect on upkeep but I could be wrong.

Proof: My town has 1 outpost but out tax is 1100

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
You can use "/Towny prices" in game to check the prices for pretty much everything.

wait, if it only costs 2.5k to start a town...why spend 500,000 for an outpost? Or am I reading the numbers wrong?

Well i guess that outpost are op in the fact that you can have them away from town, but the rent is normal as other plots

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
wait, if it only costs 2.5k to start a town...why spend 500,000 for an outpost? Or am I reading the numbers wrong?
With what Epic said, but also sometimes it is beneficial to have it in other places. For example, my town, S. I have my main town in a snow biome, but I have an outpost for my personal Wither Skeleton Farm, Tree Farm (to avoid the snow on it), and for my shop area. It's easier at times to keep it separate since then you don't have to worry about running into other things. But I don't recommend having an outpost at every build, of course.