Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

This poll is about the idea itself. Specifics can be talked about within the comments below!

• Total voters

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
Hello! Just a suggestion for a log of things bought/sold in player shops when offline!

So, the reason I thought of this is that often times, I log on with either more or less money than when I logged off, and many times, I cannot determine what items were bought/sold! After some considering, it would be neat to have a log of this information when you log-in.

So, what I thought of was that when you log on the server and there have been items bought/sold in your chest shops or auction, in chat would appear "Some items have been bought or sold! Click here to view." After clicking, it would list in chat what items were bought and sold. This would be separated, but would also include the net quantity and net price. A like-example is below:

Items Bought:
Potato: 3456 item(s) for $8,000
Log: 234 item(s) for $1,256
Ender Pearl#1a: 1 item(s) for $350,000
Ghast Tear: 3 item(s) for $9,000

Ender Pearl#1a: 1 item(s) for $380,000
Ghast Tear: 3 item(s) for $12,000

Possibly, even a total at the bottom, so if you bought more then you sold, it would be a negative number, or vice versa. let me know your suggestions below and perhaps we can fine out the rough edges :D

Example of Net:
Total: $ -10,456
Total: $ 10,456

this would be chill to have and would deff be used by most people and realy helps when you have giant shops.

It would also be neat if it tells who bought or sold as well, that way I know who to ban if they resell a million sponges to me 😀

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
It would also be neat if it tells who bought or sold as well, that way I know who to ban if they resell a million sponges to me 😀
That could be neat as well. The only bad thing is that I could see it being a little spammy, but if it is so only that player with the shop sees, then I don't see why not.

Also, I just fill some of my chests up with useless things to limit how much can be sold to me so I'm not robbed broke xD
So like for some gold block chests, only 18 spots are available instead of it all.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
Get them Devs to Work!
100% agree :ROFLMAO::D

this would be chill to have and would deff be used by most people and realy helps when you have giant shops.
The most benefit would come out of those with large chest shops, but still becomes useful to the standard player as if you have multiple things being bought/sold in a shop at /market, you know what, in addition to Auction House items because you might just forget you put something up.:p

Make it in a command? Then it would only be spammy to those who want to see it not those who don't. and you could do it whenever, like a log, not just when you log on.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
Make it in a command? Then it would only be spammy to those who want to see it not those who don't. and you could do it whenever, like a log, not just when you log on.
As I said in my post, "when you log on the server and there have been items bought/sold in your chest shops or auction, in chat would appear 'Some items have been bought or sold! Click here to view.' After clicking, it would list in chat what items were bought and sold."

Meaning that it won't show it unless you click on the text in chat to show it. I thought the same thing and having an un-welcomed chat spam isn't fun. That's why I opted for that text in chat to click on. However, A command is another possibility as well. :D

But like, I meant as a log for later. So like if you want to check 30 mins after logging in, but its cleared because of chat.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
But like, I meant as a log for later. So like if you want to check 30 mins after logging in, but its cleared because of chat.
Yeah, that could certainly be neat. Pretty much how if you have a plot/shop that someone /clearprotections. It lets you know when you first log in that you have things so you can do the command then or later. A command to see would be nice as well.

As I said in my post, "when you log on the server and there have been items bought/sold in your chest shops or auction, in chat would appear 'Some items have been bought or sold! Click here to view.' After clicking, it would list in chat what items were bought and sold."

Meaning that it won't show it unless you click on the text in chat to show it. I thought the same thing and having an un-welcomed chat spam isn't fun. That's why I opted for that text in chat to click on. However, A command is another possibility as well. :D
If it's possible to have a GUI that shows this, then that could completely remove the chat flooding issue.

ex
"Some items have been sold! Click HERE to view."
GUI opens

Each spot would represent an item that was sold/bought. Hovering over the item could show how much total money was lost/gained .

Really love this idea / suggestion from @KillaSnow for many reasons, most have been mentioned above so I won't bother repeating. But what I don't like is that we haven't got a response or any opinions from the management team about what the status is on this idea and if they see it's a possible candidate to start development on, were almost nearing 2 months on this suggestion I completely understand that the team is really busy but I see other suggestions being talked about but nothing about this suggestion. I really love the creativity of this suggestion and would see that this would benefit a lot of shop owners just like myself but this suggestion needed to be brought up again since no one has talked about it in a month.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
Really love this idea / suggestion from @KillaSnow for many reasons, most have been mentioned above so I won't bother repeating. But what I don't like is that we haven't got a response or any opinions from the management team about what the status is on this idea and if they see it's a possible candidate to start development on, were almost nearing 2 months on this suggestion I completely understand that the team is really busy but I see other suggestions being talked about but nothing about this suggestion. I really love the creativity of this suggestion and would see that this would benefit a lot of shop owners just like myself but this suggestion needed to be brought up again since no one has talked about it in a month.

It has been some time, however, I'm willing to wait a while if it means to be possible to add to the server. In addition, thank you for your feedback for bringing up the benefits for shop owners :D

I love the idea too but maybe you could have the log on the website? Just an idea...

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
I love the idea too but maybe you could have the log on the website? Just an idea...
I don't know how it would be beneficial if the log was on the website. I think it is much easier to have the information displayed in game within the chat text box rather than have all the data go to the site, then have a page that shows the user's custom data.

That could be neat as well. The only bad thing is that I could see it being a little spammy, but if it is so only that player with the shop sees, then I don't see why not.

Also, I just fill some of my chests up with useless things to limit how much can be sold to me so I'm not robbed broke xD
So like for some gold block chests, only 18 spots are available instead of it all.

What about a command that a player could use while standing in their shop to pull up a GUI showing recent transactions ?

Maybe using a written book GUI to display the information page by page?

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
What about a command that a player could use while standing in their shop to pull up a GUI showing recent transactions ?

Maybe using a written book GUI to display the information page by page?
Yeah that could be neat as well! Just some sort of way to see the transactions so you're not left wondering "what the heck did I sell?" Let alone, if you sell multiples types of things, you don't really know then.