Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a rule that specifically states "Dont talk about ******." So that the players who come from that server aren't oblivious and get banned for saying it. And no, "Do not advertise" isn't good enough...

Seriously.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
"Do not advertise" clearly states the rule. If a player in chat says the name of the server, they are told not to do so. If they continue, then a punishment is warranted. However, advertising outright will warrant an immediate punishment.

"Do not advertise" clearly states the rule. If a player in chat says the name of the server, they are told not to do so. If they continue, then a punishment is warranted. However, advertising outright will warrant an immediate punishment.
Alright, KillaSnow Billybob1117 was never told not to say the server name, he has been on the server for around 2 weeks and was never given a warning, the staff was angry with him and banned him for simply saying the server's name without any warning or notice that he can't simply mention the name. I truly feel that he should not be banned but given a warning, because right now from a background perspective I see a player gets instantly banned for not completely understanding the limits to the rules. He wasn't trying to advertise in any way shape or form, quite the opposite, he was attempting to calm a political argument in the chat and compared it to the bad events that went on in the other server. I hope you will take this post into consideration and realize that this ban is a major overreaction. Thank you

KillaSnow,

What you say makes sense in regards to intentional advertisement. But whether you like it or not, that server has a major role in this server's culture and is therefore relevant without the need for discussion. Its unfortunate dont get me wrong, but because there have been a majority of players moving from server to server, it's hard to completely erase a history that was once big and important.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
Alright, KillaSnow Billybob1117 was never told not to say the server name, he has been on the server for around 2 weeks and was never given a warning, the staff was angry with him and banned him for simply saying the server's name without any warning or notice that he can't simply mention the name. I truly feel that he should not be banned but given a warning, because right now from a background perspective I see a player gets instantly banned for not completely understanding the limits to the rules. He wasn't trying to advertise in any way shape or form, quite the opposite, he was attempting to calm a political argument in the chat and compared it to the bad events that went on in the other server. I hope you will take this post into consideration and realize that this ban is a major overreaction. Thank you
I'm not talking about his ban, I'm talking about the rule in general. Nonetheless, the player's ban is between them and the staff team. Thank you for your understanding.

KillaSnow,

What you say makes sense in regards to intentional advertisement. But whether you like it or not, that server has a major role in this server's culture and is therefore relevant without the need for discussion. Its unfortunate dont get me wrong, but because there have been a majority of players moving from server to server, it's hard to completely erase a history that was once big and important.
The role the server you mentioned does not matter. Relevant or not. I am not saying to "erase a history", but in your specific case, it violated the rules. However, to discuss your ban furthermore is unnecessary due to your appeal and staff's decision.

Thank you for your understanding.

My ban doesn't matter, but it does support the arguement. I am an example of why this rule should be set in place. This is especially for new players. The bottom line is, because the past server is a sensitive subject and shouldn't be brought up, then maybe there should be a warning in the rulebook.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
When a player mentions a server, a warning is given. However, it is up to the player to see that warning. If the player fails to see the warning, that is their own fault and thus another infraction of that rule would warrant further punishment.

This does not included if a player does advertise say "Join [server]" or anything of the sort. The above statement refers to mentioning other servers such as "I play on [server] from time to time."

If you have any questions regarding the rule, you are free to message me on Discord @Snow#4908.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.