Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Looking Into Nether Resource World

What do you think of this idea?

• Total voters

xP9nda

Known Member
Following the hellworker job buff towards the start of July, I realised after joining the job myself that the nether doesn't reset like the resource world.

This could cause some problems for people who actually want to build or make bases in the nether, the nether could eventually be depleted of all resources, however, it is unlikely to happen any time soon.

> My Idea
Implement a Nether Resource World, this would be exactly the same as the normal nether, but it resets (potentially at the same time as the overworld resource world).
This would benefit hellworkers as there are most likely more users in the job following the buff, also it allows us to collect resources freely without damaging good terrain that other users may want to use for builds..

> Relevance
There might not be much use of a Nether Resource World, the reason I say this is simply due to the fact that there are only 258 hellworkers at the time of making this post. While this still isn't much compared to other jobs, such as Miner, which currently has 11,183 workers, it still may make some difference and it'll help to preserve the original nether world and the builds that players have made. In addition to this, I understand that hellworker isn't the most popular of jobs and it is most likely to stay that way.

Whilst this suggestion might be completely useless due to the number of hellworkers, I want to know your opinions, so feel free to share your ideas and vote on the poll.

Last edited:

SirSalad

I like this idea! It preserves the current 17 month old Hell world and us resource-collectors will be able to safely quarry anywhere and everywhere.

SirSalad

I really like this idea. It would be nice to be able to mine nether resources in an actual resource world and even have more opportunities to find blaze spawners. It would also allow players who like to build in the nether have more space of non-decimated land to work with. :)
Do you think it would be possible or even realistic to restore the current quarried areas if this is implemented?

Amanda

Staff member
Do you think it would be possible or even realistic to restore the current quarried areas if this is implemented?
I think it is possible. Not realistic, though

xP9nda

Known Member
I think it is possible. Not realistic, though
I assume staff would have to find the affected areas then do a rollback with coreprotect manually?

Unless there is a way to do it on a greater scale, which I don't think there is.

SirSalad

I assume staff would have to find the affected areas then do a rollback with coreprotect manually?

Unless there is a way to do it on a greater scale, which I don't think there is.
Yeah, that's why I was asking if it was even realistic. A good 20% of the nether is quarried and the idea of just putting up a resource world and leaving the mess there didn't make too much sense to me.

xP9nda

Known Member
Yeah, that's why I was asking if it was even realistic. A good 20% of the nether is quarried and the idea of just putting up a resource world and leaving the mess there didn't make too much sense to me.
Ahhh okay, that makes sense.

Considering that, maybe creating another nether with the current nether seed, and then moving all buildings to it? That may be very hard to do, but I honestly think it could happen. But still, along with the other suggestion, it may not be realistic.

xP9nda

Known Member
bump. this thread has a 13 -1 vote ratio, i think it should be discussed some more as people think its a good idea

ouch its been 2 months

Would it be possible to reset only those chunks in the nether that are unclaimed? This would give a way to do a mass reset with out reverting anyone's build.

Lasivian

Known Member
The nether not resetting is the main reason I did not consider Hellworker.

Would it be possible to reset only those chunks in the nether that are unclaimed? This would give a way to do a mass reset with out reverting anyone's build.
there is no way they would do even a partial reset due to all the unclaimed projects that are being worked on. The best bet is to do it as soon as possible to limit damage to the world.

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
how about simply adding rtp to The Nether? There is still plenty of land available.

as someone actively pursing the Hellworker job, i don't believe a resource is needed. RTP however would add some variety to base locations. the struggle with the nether is the lava, but use the sand method. cover it up and make your base. we have a 4chunkx4chunk cleared to bedrock base, it wasnt easy. but there it is. I have never needed a reason for a Reource Nether yet.