Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Solved [Minor] Unable to claim embassy towny plot as member of no town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Devs:
Found a bug while trying to purchase an embassy plot in Allanon town... I had recently left zaire, and wasn't a member of any town, and I received an error message when I tried to /plot claim. After guessing this might be the issue, I joined an open town, and was immediately able to /plot claim again.

Expected: Embassy Plots may be claimed by anyone

Actual: Error Message is received, telling user they have insufficient permissions

How to Reproduce:
1: Have user A Create a town with an embassy plot for sale.
2: Have user B Leave their town
3: Have user B attempt to claim the embassy plot

Chrras

To fix it the devs just have to give "normads" the towny.command.plot.claim in the Townyperms.yml, I think

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
Did you have the available fund in your account ? :unsure:

cost to claim was 0, if I recall correctly, but yes.

I just joined the Farm town for a sec, and then the /plot claim went thru no problem.

Chrras' answer looks very likely to be exactly correct. I just didn't have permission to execute the command as a "nomad" (is that the technical term?), and as soon as I joined a town, I did.

EDIT: I suspect there may be related commands, /plot unclaim, /plot set perm, /plot toggle etc... which might also need similar permissions updates.

Last edited:

Chrras

cost to claim was 0, if I recall correctly, but yes.

I just joined the Farm town for a sec, and then the /plot claim went thru no problem.

Chrras' answer looks very likely to be exactly correct. I just didn't have permission to execute the command as a "nomad" (is that the technical term?), and as soon as I joined a town, I did.

EDIT: I suspect there may be related commands, /plot unclaim, /plot set perm, /plot toggle etc... which might also need similar permissions updates.
Yeah, "nomad" is the correct term, I guess I was a bit too quick with my spelling :). When you join a town, you become a "resident", permission-wise.

Yeah, there definitely could be

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
You need to be part of a town in order to claim an embassy plot.

as it is an 'Embassy' of another town...

Status
Not open for further replies.