Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Rejected Loot crate odds disclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would help prevent any arguments from happening over it and help people feel more comfortable buying crates since they know what to expect. you already have odds for the vp crates so it cant be that hard to do for all crates.

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
However, the VPs and the Party crates are not store-bought items. Store bought items, including the current Halloween Crates, including the Bronze, Silver, and Gold crates, also do not disclose the chances. As Volk states in game, the chances are rng, at the same chance for each item [for the Halloween Crates].

EnglishBlonde

Helper
Staff member
The point of the Halloween crate or any 'specialty' crates, is the fact that they're just that; s p e c i a l. We've already had this discussion, in detail and there was a pretty good logic and consensus. If odds are revealed and/or lowered so you can calm down and get the illicit Elytra, then you would complain that its too common and hence the value and wow-factor of it would go down. The whole point of special or limited edition (so to speak) crates is to introduce items that are only available for a short time, yes the other reaper items are much more common, but wheres the exitement, inscentive and surprise if there isn't one that everyone is hoping for?

Just food for thought, I know you will disagree. Just because something will benefit you, doesn't mean it'll benefit the community. If things are too easy, people get bored. If people get bored, people don't buy crates. If people don't buy crates, support for the server (as small or big as it is) goes down.

The point of the Halloween crate or any 'specialty' crates, is the fact that they're just that; s p e c i a l. We've already had this discussion, in detail and there was a pretty good logic and consensus. If odds are revealed and/or lowered so you can calm down and get the illicit Elytra, then you would complain that its too common and hence the value and wow-factor of it would go down. The whole point of special or limited edition (so to speak) crates is to introduce items that are only available for a short time, yes the other reaper items are much more common, but wheres the exitement, inscentive and surprise if there isn't one that everyone is hoping for?

Just food for thought, I know you will disagree. Just because something will benefit you, doesn't mean it'll benefit the community. If things are too easy, people get bored. If people get bored, people don't buy crates. If people don't buy crates, support for the server (as small or big as it is) goes down.
all im saying is that having some sort of idea about what your chances are would be nice. especially since there is always a lot of conjecture as to the chances with other crates as well. all of which would be remedied by this simple and harmless change. I am sure lots of people would feel more comfortable paying into it when they know what their chances are

Id like to see the odds get posted too. Some people buy crates for the rare items hoping to get an elytra, however, MOST people know/think the odds are so low that its not even worth trying. According to the info ive heard, the odds of a halloween elytra are barely 0.5%. ridiculously unlikely and not worth the money. Maybe me and most of the other playerbase is wrong in thinking that, but how would we know? We're all sitting back letting the people with money to blow test the waters while none of us are willing to try because from what we have watched, the loot is terrible value. Publicizing the odds would justify any misconceptions about the supposed "bad loot" being a straight up scam.

All that aside, i dont care about the odds of the crates as much as i care about the average value of the things in them. From the 30 or so crates ive spectated getting opened, i see the average item price is about $4.50 usd (by the 100k azertu dollars to 1 usd conversion). So far, ive seen one player walk away with more money than he put in. The crate is 6.50. thats kinda ridiculous so id like to see the crates actually have a positive profit. The people who buy them are funding the server, right? At the moment, buying other players ranks for in game money is far more profitable than buying crates (by the current observed average loot value) and i dont think thats right. Sure maybe 1 in every 10 people are making profit, and thats what gambling is, but the odds should be more rewarding to those willing to walk into a gamble knowing theres a 90% chance they will lose their money.

Just gonna say it one more time: Publicizing the crate's odds will justify the server against any claims of scams or rigged odds. "its rng" could mean 99% chance of the dud item and only a tiny chance at anything else. it could also mean everything has an equal chance.

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
Just gonna say it one more time: Publicizing the crate's odds will justify the server against any claims of scams or rigged odds. "its rng" could mean 99% chance of the dud item and only a tiny chance at anything else. it could also mean everything has an equal chance.
I believe yesterday in chat, it was said they are random. Nonetheless, if the issue with percentages for store-bought items was a big issue, this would have been brought up much much earlier since the server has been up for now almost two years. If you buying halloween crates to get "one specific relic" then all you can do is say good luck. That one specific relic will be hard to get, whether you get 5 crates, or 30 crates. However, with these being rare items (and actually not that bad at all), items will be bought and sold, so they is a big way how you can obtain the specific one you want. If you have to pick the same number from 1-20, it's gonna take a bit until you get it. Sometimes it may take only a few tries. With the percentages being the same, or even if the relic tools themselves are slightly less than the Crystal, Core, etc, it's still RNG.

Again, I have not seen this ever a problem, and only seems to be one because people want one relic that has been found once. I have not heard, nor seen, a problem with the percentages of any crates on the server, and I have not heard a plea from someone to have them added until this post. It's possible one may have happened, but I have not seen any suggestions based on it from the past.

To add about the crate profits, they are crates, you are not supposed to walk away with profit a majority of the time. It's a guaranteed lotto. You will with something, but that something could either be worth 300% of the crate (if you still choose to go by the $1 per 100k which is barely even used anymore) or 30% of the crate. It's RNG based. Having so you profit all the time seems awfully close to the term "P2W". If you look at it as gambling, then a tip for gambling here : Whatever you decide to gamble, consider it gone anyways. If you're okay with gambling $30, then consider the $30 gone anyways and to lose and if you win, awesome. That'll help determine if you want to gamble that money or not.

Personally, crates are crates. The percentages being shown are pointless as the results have proved that all items can be won, whether this is a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Event crates. This is my personal opinion on the matter, but I don't get why we must see percentages because one item hasn't been obtained as much as others. That is RNG.

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to say, Even when you get the "worst" reward from a crate. I believe it is still worth the money you've spent on the crate. Maintaining a server is not cheap and being able to sell crates helps us a lot with keeping the server going so we must make sure they are balanced with the economy in order to make them a sustainable income for the server. I personally don't support the "$1 for 100k ingame money" as I think it's worth less than 100k.

On a side note...
There is a 10% chance to get a Reaper item from the Halloween Crate. It's always a random relic and all Reaper Relics are equally rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.