Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Just a question for everyone.

Why do people always want to take massive dumps on peoples Ideas stating reasons why its bad. Why not state a way to fix the idea to make it so its not OP or bad or anywhere in between. It's really annoying coming online after sleeping to have people tell me my idea is garbage or to OP due to this, this, and this. But then they don't add/remove anything to it to fix the OP or the Garbage.

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
This may be down to perspective. To the person stating the idea, it may seem like they are just "pointing out everything bad", however, when it comes to possible server suggestions, you want them. You want everything that is wrong with the idea. Then, you can come back with a revised version of what you said. Then you can get some more input on it.

Server suggestions are usually not a one draft or two draft thing.

This may be down to perspective. To the person stating the idea, it may seem like they are just "pointing out everything bad", however, when it comes to possible server suggestions, you want them. You want everything that is wrong with the idea. Then, you can come back with a revised version of what you said. Then you can get some more input on it.

Server suggestions are usually not one draft or two draft thing.
I understand this, but it is annoying when they only state bad things. but don't want to tell you any possible ways to fix it to get you on the right track. Feedback is always good, but negative feedback is never good without advice to change it.

for example this event, everyone says it was bad because of one reason or the other (mainly RNG), but nobody is really giving Sirk and the team ideas in how to fix it for next time. They are going to force them to think of the fix themselves and create another broken event like this one. I stated that the RNG was bad in the Christmas event thread, but I also stated a way to fix it for next time. It will give them something to look at and maybe implement/ take from to make the next event better.

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
Well, they may not have feedback other than what does not seem well. They may not know how to fix it, so they can only point out some things that could cause problems.

To add, Collector made a post that should help see the public opinion to prepare for the next event =)

I'll expain for me. I am not very creative. At all. I can easily see the good and bad but I'm not very good at thinking of ideas to help. I find it better if people point out bad ideas so at least you can figure it out on your own. If nobody has any ideas to fix it at least you know whats wrong.

Im sorry if it seemed like I was shitting on your idea. I liked your idea, I just think some of the things weren't going to work. I really didn't want it to seem like I hated your idea or it was bad. It's just how I see things.

I'll expain for me. I am not very creative. At all. I can easily see the good and bad but I'm not very good at thinking of ideas to help. I find it better if people point out bad ideas so at least you can figure it out on your own. If nobody has any ideas to fix it at least you know whats wrong.

Im sorry if it seemed like I was shitting on your idea. I liked your idea, I just think some of the things weren't going to work. I really didn't want it to seem like I hated your idea or it was bad. It's just how I see things.
Sorry if it seemed like I was attacking your post to me directly. It was general however as I see it all the time, people state bad things in an idea, and don't provide any means to fix it. and then they continue to hate on the next draft of the idea again without providing once again any advice. But ya, sorry if it felt like I was attacking you directly. As I wasnt.