Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSalad

So a few people have made it to the big boy league, Emperor. They're also maxed out in Job levels (/job stats [player]). To keep striding players motivated, why not have a job prestige where you could unlock a permanent perk?

Example:
"Oh lookey do I'm level 75 miner"
"/jobs prestige miner"
beep boop you've unlocked a permanent perk!!1!

Volk

Administrator
Staff member
I like this idea, maybe it would be a useful unlock for one of the existing ranks (with no bonus currently).

SirSalad

I like this idea, maybe it would be a useful unlock for one of the existing ranks (with no bonus currently).
Do you mean "existing ranks" like the ranks found in /ranks? I think that's for sure a possibility, but I think I'm referring to having more job perks which can be unlocked after level 75.

Uh, I think they denied a suggestion just like this before. Only change was they just wanted permanent job perks.

SirSalad

Uh, I think they denied a suggestion just like this before. Only change was they just wanted permanent job perks.
I took a look through the 7 pages of suggestions there and this is the most relevant thing I found. This suggests pay and exp gain after level 75. I'm not actually asking for increased pay at all, the opposite if anything. A player would hit level 75 as normal and prestige. The prestige would unlock a new permanent perk and the player would be able to join another job or rejoin the job they prestiged. This could be shown in /jobs stats [] as Job - Level x - EXP x.

Desu

Are we talking about /ranks prestige or /jobs LEVEL prestige... if it's /jobs level prestige would you keep the lvl 75 money and xp ammounts? or would you start back at the bottom? When it comes to "prestige"ing, the 2nd time around is supposed to be generally easier to level up.

SirSalad

Are we talking about /ranks prestige or /jobs LEVEL prestige... if it's /jobs level prestige would you keep the lvl 75 money and xp ammounts? or would you start back at the bottom? When it comes to "prestige"ing, the 2nd time around is supposed to be generally easier to level up.
I'm talking about /jobs levels. Like the post I linked on #5, the exp and pay rates would stay the same in order to keep things balanced. And ideally it would be easier to level up assuming you managed to get the resources you needed from 1-75

I have to agree, this is a very good idea! Some people are really bored of their jobs and are over level 75, and I’m thinking they want more challenge :D This would be perfect!

SirSalad

I have to agree, this is a very good idea! Some people are really bored of their jobs and are over level 75, and I’m thinking they want more challenge :D This would be perfect!
Yeah! And this is sets a much more realistic goal compared to grinding out level 1000.
(It'd take 3.96*10^62 potatoes from 1-1000 cook)

BlueCaverns

Helper
Staff member
The acts of leveling jobs can at times be tedious and take ages to achieve that sweet level 75. My wrist will never recover from the amount of bread that continues to be crafted as I proceed to level up cook. I like the suggestion, but I think the perk bonuses would need to be pretty substantial in order to entice some to prestige.

COOK PRESTIGE EXTENDS THE FURNACE LIMIT TO 50

Found it https://azertumc.com/threads/alternative-idea-for-jobs.323/#post-794 literally asked for permanent job perks. I feel like your suggestion could be reworded to "More perks after level 75" which could just be at 100 you get a new perk. Woo, now we have something to strive for. But then once a few people get to that you've got to add more perks. And then it starts seeming like new players will never be able to catch up. Usually when a server gets to the point where people are getting everything and have nothing to do, either a reset happens or they add a little more content. (Shrug)

SirSalad

Right, I see what you're going at, but that thread was closed due to it "being too hard to implement" and I don't think it really is. I managed to figure it out in about two days on a test server

Note that I am on a test server and exp/etc might be inaccurate.

Desu

Usually whenever a "Prestige" Feature is implemented there is a buff that comes along with it. What do you think this buff would look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.