Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Desu

So this is basically a Suggestion Thread where we can discuss as a community new Job Perks.

• Don't Discuss New Jobs Here(I want this to be strictly focused on Current Jobs)
  • Hear everyone out! Don't be dismissive, if you don't agree with someone just plainly state it and state the reason that you don't agree, you don't have to like bully them or something.
  • When Suggesting a new idea, use the format below.
(Name of Job)
(New Job Perks Level; 25, 50, 75,)
(Name of Job with a description)

Speak your voice for the jobs you love.

Desu

Job: Farmer
Job Level: 50
Job Perk: Something where poisonous potatoes are unachievable when farming.

SirSalad

Job: Farmer
Job Level: 50
Job Perk: Something where poisonous potatoes are unachievable when farming.
I like what you said, but I think it can be expanded to other jobs as well? There are other jobs out there that require the player to constantly pick up blocks like miner, digger, hunter, and hellworker. What if there was a new level 25 perk allowing you to toggle a customizable filter on what you can't pickup?

Ex "/itemfilter [add/del] [item_id]"

Really agree with SirSalad, an item filter on certain jobs would be extremely helpful, especially for mining and other jobs like it.

I will be better if the you select what doesn't get picked up instead of deciding what does get picked up
for ex :

/pickup cobblestone off

An item filter would definitely be interesting, that might even be helpful for lots of ranks including farmer because especially for wheat, sometimes you dont want to pick up all he seeds that come along with it.

Job: Cook
Perk Level: 75
Perk: Permanently fuelled furnaces OR higher furnace count (currently 40) OR faster cooking speed (if at all modifiable).

Perma fuelled furnaces: Never touch a piece of charcoal or coal block again. Your furnaces won't need to survive off of fuel, and they will run permanently without it.

Higher furnace count: Possibly raised to 60 or even 80 (seems a bit too high to me, but others may be more inclined to like it).

Faster cooking speed: Self explanatory, your furnaces cook faster than the average furnace, and requires you to stay on top of your furnaces more, rather than it being a semi-afk job.

-----

My suggestion is either of the perks I mentioned alongside the perma /feed command.
The command itself doesn't exactly give you much of an advantage in your job, and of course you stop scaling at level 75 as well, which means levelling up will be harder / take longer.

I personally am not thrilled to grind up to level 75 just for a feed command I don't particularly use all that often. There are rare times I may want to use it before the 5 minute cooldown, but it's very rare that I actually need to, and it does not benefit me in any of my jobs.

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
Perk: Permanently fuelled furnaces OR higher furnace count (currently 40) OR faster cooking speed (if at all modifiable).

Perma fuelled furnaces: Never touch a piece of charcoal or coal block again. Your furnaces won't need to survive off of fuel, and they will run permanently without it.

Higher furnace count: Possibly raised to 60 or even 80 (seems a bit too high to me, but others may be more inclined to like it).

Faster cooking speed: Self explanatory, your furnaces cook faster than the average furnace, and requires you to stay on top of your furnaces more, rather than it being a semi-afk job.

-----

My suggestion is either of the perks I mentioned alongside the perma /feed command.
The command itself doesn't exactly give you much of an advantage in your job, and of course you stop scaling at level 75 as well, which means levelling up will be harder / take longer.

I personally am not thrilled to grind up to level 75 just for a feed command I don't particularly use all that often. There are rare times I may want to use it before the 5 minute cooldown, but it's very rare that I actually need to, and it does not benefit me in any of my jobs.
My opinion:

I extremely doubt a Perma-Fueled Furnace would happen. That would be extremely OP. The same can also be said for the furnace count.

As for Faster Cooking speed, it could be seen as OP, depending on the speed, but I just seen these as not really possible due to the Over Poweredness of them.

Like I said, just my opinion :D

Desu

I like what you said, but I think it can be expanded to other jobs as well? There are other jobs out there that require the player to constantly pick up blocks like miner, digger, hunter, and hellworker. What if there was a new level 25 perk allowing you to toggle a customizable filter on what you can't pickup?

Ex "/itemfilter [add/del] [item_id]"
This forum thread is for all jobs.

Desu

-----

I agree with what Snow said, all of these ideas are extremely op. But I feel that we should have more op skills for the higher job perks because they require time effort and dedication and I think that we should be rewarded more.

I do agree with what you said about how I don't usually NEED the /feed after 5 mins.

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
Yeah, I am up for more possible perks and such though. Something new, and it could cause some people to quit jobs to start over on a new job :D

well if the speed goes up then the money per tater goes down so that would make it harder to make money before 75

well if the speed goes up then the money per tater goes down so that would make it harder to make money before 75
That's why I said level 75, and no level before. EVERYTHING stops scaling after level 75, including prices and exp, making it harder to continue levelling up after you hit level 75. A faster furnace would speed up the process a bit, to make it a little more worth your time if you genuinely want to continue being a cook after level 75.

Desu

Yeah, I am up for more possible perks and such though. Something new, and it could cause some people to quit jobs to start over on a new job :D
I would never quit Cook

Cook is life

Desu

That's why I said level 75, and no level before. EVERYTHING stops scaling after level 75, including prices and exp, making it harder to continue levelling up after you hit level 75. A faster furnace would speed up the process a bit, to make it a little more worth your time if you genuinely want to continue being a cook after level 75.
Yeah leveling up after 75 has no point. But we still lvl up because we continue to do the job.

Desu

Job: All Jobs

Perk: Not really a perk but just listen

Description: Job Level Caps.... Like after we get to level 75 the money increase stops along with the xp increase. The level cap for all jobs is 1000. Honestly I fee like that is unnecessary. Instead, maybe the cap could be 100 or 75 and every time we level up something changes or you get an item. In Destiny 2, a fps mmo game, when you get to the level cap. You can still level up, but you can't go above level 50. But every time you level up which is very hard to do... you receive a Prime Engram, you can redeem this engram to get cosmetic items or a faster sparrow. Maybe we can do something like that so you can get rewarded when you level up again. Like just set a goal...

Job: Any

Perk: towny fly

Description: Once you reach asy level 75 in a certain job, you unlock the ability to do /fly in your town claim, and when you fly out of that claim you can no longer fly. Ive seen this feature on a few servers in the past and ive found it extremely helpful but not game changing when it comes to everyone having access to fly. dont know if this is possible? just a thought

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor

Description: Once you reach asy level 75 in a certain job, you unlock the ability to do /fly in your town claim, and when you fly out of that claim you can no longer fly. Ive seen this feature on a few servers in the past and ive found it extremely helpful but not game changing when it comes to everyone having access to fly. dont know if this is possible? just a thought
I don't think this would happen as getting to level 75 in a job truly is not difficult and can be achieved in a short amount of time. In addition to that, /fly in town claims has been thought about by other players for those who achieve Viceroy or King rank. If anything, that would be more possible, but still highly unlikely. :D

I believe this should be a rank perk, like something higher then treasurer but i dont know how high

I like this idea. It would make building and upgrading your town a lot easier. And I have seen this also in factions. You can fly in your claim but as soon as you leave it disables it.

Collector_

Towny fly, I think, was intended on being added as Viceroy's perk but ended up being too buggy, so the idea was dropped. I'm pretty sure it will never be added as a job or rank perk.