Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Rejected Individual Manticore chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was informed that all manticore item have the same chance the level up from 1 -> 2 (and also from 2-> 3) when preforming the required action listed here:
https://www.azertumc.com/threads/manticore-tools-how-to-level-up-your-tools.1350/
A shovel can do the dig action many times faster than a bow can do the damage action.
The average time spend leveling a shovel will therefore be equally many times shorter than the average time spend on a bow.
If possible, I would suggest giving each manticore item a level up chance, so that the average time spend leveling an item is the same.

Desu

I was informed that all manticore item have the same chance the level up from 1 -> 2 (and also from 2-> 3) when preforming the required action listed here:
https://www.azertumc.com/threads/manticore-tools-how-to-level-up-your-tools.1350/
A shovel can do the dig action many times faster than a bow can do the damage action.
The average time spend leveling a shovel will therefore be equally many times shorter than the average time spend on a bow.
If possible, I would suggest giving each manticore item a level up chance, so that the average time spend leveling an item is the same.
You could also just spam your bow at mobs... but individual level up chances will help out people with bows...

SirSalad

I personally don't like this idea; Manticore's all upgrade and there's obviously efficient ways compared to the general -- "use the tool".

Desu

I personally don't like this idea; Manticore's all upgrade and there's obviously efficient ways compared to the general -- "use the tool".
*breaks dirt with bow and it lvls up*

I am not saying balance it based on general use. Even with the "obviously efficient way" the difference is to large in my opinion.
The efficient way for a shovel is dirt or sand with a beacon/haste potion. This will get you up to 20 blocks pr second (due to game tick) depending on the lvl of the shovel (1->2 or 2->3).
The efficient way for a bow is to do a very short draw. This will get you 2 shots pr second (and can only be done with spawners). Any faster will result in no shot sometimes or to many of the arrow ricochet and knock you back.
In this example the mouse needs constant clicking whereas the shovel don't.
This all gives an average time of 5 to 10 times faster with the shovel than the bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.