Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Rejected Increase the XP for digger. (Test results included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasivian

Known Member
I tried to post about this recently and the thread along with Sirk's reply, ended up talking about just money. So I am reposting it to narrow my focus.

My point of view is that the job is simply much harder to level than other gathering jobs. (I should add that my main concern here is getting to level 75 and the MCMMO tokens. Not making $$ from the job itself.)

I am both a miner and a digger, so I decided to try a test.

I'm 38 miner and 43 digger, so it's not perfect.

I used a Eff7 pick and Eff5 shovel. Which made everything but ores while mining insta-break.

These are the numbers I got.

Starting out:
Test Start Capture.PNG

Miner after 10 minutes:
Miner End Capture.PNG
A gain of 5568 exp. Adjusting this upward at 4% per level, compounded, I get 6774 exp at level 43
I dug down towards bedrock, breaking all ore I found when I came across it. Everything but the ores was insta-break.

Digger after 10 minutes:
Digger Finish Capture.PNG
A gain of 4449 exp.
I dug all the sand I could, as fast as I could in a desert All of which was insta-break.

For starters even unadjusted I made less exp digging with 5 additional levels in it.

After adjusting I was only making 65% of the exp as a digger that I made as a miner of similar level.

I suggest that the exp rewards for digger be doubled.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lasivian

Known Member
Also it should be noted that with Witch Spawners the price of gunpowder is falling. Which was one of the few sources of Digger revenue.

SirSalad

I'm aware this statement is fairly vague, but there isn't many ways to take it. (money, xp, maybe mcmmo)

We keep circulating around the same topic which you want to avoid, money. Money is entirely dependent on the amount of experience gained. Jobs being balanced != Player ran economy being balanced.

I'm aware this statement is fairly vague, but there isn't many ways to take it. (money, xp, maybe mcmmo)

We keep circulating around the same topic which you want to avoid, money. Money is entirely dependent on the amount of experience gained. Jobs being balanced != Player ran economy being balanced.
yeah and thats why he wants it brought in line with other jobs. digger at lvl 75 compared to say cook at lvl 75 is similar rates. However, to get to lvl 75 takes far longer than grinding cook or other jobs. so to bring it in line with other jobs you need to bring up the xp. they don't really need to touch the money rates (though it certainly would help). The money rate at each level is separate and not the issue here.

SirSalad

yeah and thats why he wants it brought in line with other jobs. digger at lvl 75 compared to say cook at lvl 75 is similar rates. However, to get to lvl 75 takes far longer than grinding cook or other jobs. so to bring it in line with other jobs you need to bring up the xp. they don't really need to touch the money rates (though it certainly would help). The money rate at each level is separate and not the issue here.
I don't know how many times I've said this now; It's almost as if you're just spamming the same thing reworded. Nobody cares about the level, it's about the money gained. "Money is entirely dependent on the amount of experience gained. " half a scroll upward.

Also, relating to the "test results" listed here and here:
They're simply inconclusive. There's too much room for error. As I mentioned above "Jobs being balanced != Player ran economy being balanced". A proper showcase of this is the higher blacksmiths, they pay and compete tons.
I'm linking a desmos graph with accurate, calculated results.

In case you don't want to acknowledge it, here's this image of it:

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/ay2osqwzue

I don't know how many times I've said this now; It's almost as if you're just spamming the same thing reworded. Nobody cares about the level, it's about the money gained. "Money is entirely dependent on the amount of experience gained. " half a scroll upward.

Also, relating to the "test results" listed here and here:
They're simply inconclusive. There's too much room for error. As I mentioned above "Jobs being balanced != Player ran economy being balanced". A proper showcase of this is the higher blacksmiths, they pay and compete tons.
I'm linking a desmos graph with accurate, calculated results.

In case you don't want to acknowledge it, here's this image of it:

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/ay2osqwzue
I don't understand your confusion with what we have both been saying. if you make say 300k an hour now at level 75 and you increase the xp rate you still get 300k per hour at 75. We were talking purely in xp rates. i get that some jobs require you to do more or less things but the end result is what matters. on top of that yes you would overall have a slight increase in the average money rate up to lvl 75 but it would only be to bring it closer in line with the other jobs/

Status
Not open for further replies.