improve furnace limit (smarter application of limit)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BlackBriarMead, May 10, 2018.

1. BlackBriarMead

BlackBriarMead Member

Ratings:
    +11
    IGN:
    BlackBriarMead
    I think it's obvious that the only job the furnace limit is targeting is artist. What annoys me is how it is affecting the blacksmith job as well, which has a very limited supply of ore in the first place. I propose a solution that only inhibits the capabilities of the artist jobs.

What I am suggesting is allowing any item that is not terracotta to be smelted and make money from any number of furnaces. Terracotta will not be able to be put in regular furnaces.

Instead you must make an artist furnace. An artist furnace only allows terracotta to be placed in it, but it removes the need to ever limit job income because only so many artist furnaces can be made (40).

This can be applied to other jobs too, but the use of too many furnaces hasn't been a problem yet, and implementing this for blacksmith would mess up the experience of starting the game ("Why can't I smelt iron in my furnace? I just started today"). Terracotta is less common by far so I think it would be a matter of telling them to make an artist furnace.

I fully support your efforts to balance the jobs, but I think collateral damage from global nerfs should be localized.

2. BlackBriarMead

BlackBriarMead Member

Ratings:
    +11
    IGN:
    BlackBriarMead
  3. BlackBriarMead

BlackBriarMead Member

Ratings:
    +11
    IGN:
    BlackBriarMead