Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Approved Improve chat settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many players from my knowledge are annoyed by the the fact that muting main chat doesn't completely turn it off

Staff's text can still be viewed in main chat even after muting it, that's very annoying for people who really just don't want to see main chat in general and just want to see TC/PM/LC//PC

Staff's text are important and you should see them
Look, don't tell me that what staff are saying is important, majority of the important game-changing announcement are announced in other ways (Such as discord), most of the time they're talking to their friends or guiding new players, that is completely normal and okay. However, having to see it is extremely pointless especially when staff mention and/or talk to certain players a part of the conversation would still be acknowledged. the person who turned off main chat wants to be completely disconnected from it.

Why don't you just mute chat through settings
Toggling chat from ingame settings as "Hidden" will prevent you from typing any commands, and lowering opacity will prevent you from being able to talk to your towny mates and/or private message someone.

Staff need main chat to tell you if you're doing something wrong
They could just pm you if that's really important, and warns still show. plus how are you harming anybody when you literally have it muted

Staff's chat is harmless, why would you want to have the whole chat muted anyway
So is the entire main chat is harmless thanks to staff's effort for keeping it properly moderated, but it's a distraction having to see something that you don't want to see. you either have to view a part of main chat or nothing, its like "Either take the whole package or none of it"

Thanks for reading, i really hope you understand it, this was not meant to offend anybody and i love every single one of the staff and appreciate them. They're not the one to blame for doing their job. I believe the system needs a little improvement.

Last edited:

Desu

I don't really ever turn off chat but I know that some people do whenever they grind or whatnot, so these changes definitely should be added.

I agree with this suggestion. Staff can contact you if they need to, but otherwise they're not saying anything crucial. There's a lot of conversations in general that obnoxious when you're trying to focus on something else.

The only issue I could see with this is, is that when less people see chat, that means less people are talking, which gives the perception that the server isn't as lively as it is. That and the fact that new players might not get the support they need from the people who might actually be able to help them. Things that a helper or stuff might now exactly know like item pricing town info etc.

I personally like to see the addition, but I think if the Admin's decide that those other factors are more important, than I can live with it.

SirSalad

Grandmaster Contributor
I agree with the suggestion as well.
I don't think that players would necessarily be off-put by this, as there's usually going to be half the server ready to discuss anything in chat.

I agree, plus I would also like the option to turn off chat advertising the store/voting/the forums. I've been around long enough I know those messages by heart. Those don't remind me to vote, I'm sure they help newer guys, but I just hate them popping up in the middle of conversation or messing up a screenshot.

Thanks everyone for the amazing support so far, i hope the staff could agree with us when they see it :D

I would absolutely love for this to be a thing. Sometimes I want to just aimlessly run around or do stuff while letting my mind run off on it's own, and I can't do that when the chat has someone talking in it, it's just something that bothers me. Please make this a thing. I would also have to ask if this would include public messages of players going afk, being killed, making new towns, rank ups, logging on, or stuff like that. Those things build up in my chat after a while, and it's also kinda annoying.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love for this to be a thing. Sometimes I want to just aimlessly run around or do stuff while letting my mind run off on it's own, and I can't do that when the chat has someone talking in it, it's just something that bothers me. Please make this a thing. I would also have to ask if this would include public messages of players going afk, being killed, making new towns, rank ups, logging on, or stuff like that. Those things build up in my chat after a while, and it's also kinda annoying.
I also agree, sometimes it's nice to turn off and just have fun playing and spending alone time.

Maybe a silence setting that only shows private messages?

We could also include a tagging option in chat? It'll show up if people do say @HedgieCapped it'll pop up for me, but it will not otherwise.

Minstrol

Known Member
I agree, plus I would also like the option to turn off chat advertising the store/voting/the forums. I've been around long enough I know those messages by heart. Those don't remind me to vote, I'm sure they help newer guys, but I just hate them popping up in the middle of conversation or messing up a screenshot.
I would personally love to see this. (I don't get to make that choice however)

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
Staff messages will no longer show in general chat once you have muted the general chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.