Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Rejected Hydra or higher suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably not something you would want to do considering it might reduce the incentive to get max rank without paying to win, but if players have the ability to get /fly, it would be nice if Hydra had that ability or even if it were a higher rank. I understand this is a huge power to give to people, but it's also a huge incentive for people to actually buy a really high rank. I personally am interested because having the ability for building my town or making map art would be insanely useful and reason enough to buy a rank without some of the other perks such as cosmetics etc.

Again, I know this is a huge perk that the gives the last rank a HUGE incentive, but putting a lot of money into a server is also a pretty a big investment. I personally wouldn't mind paying for a higher rank just for the ability alone. I'm really clumsy and fall constantly :(

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
This has been debated before, but /fly makes thing 1000% easier when it comes to towny survival. I don't think it will be added as a purchasable rank. It makes getting to the last rank, well, pointless essentially. But to avoid falling and taking damage, get some feather falling boots, an elytra on you, and perhaps a good ole fashioned water bucket for those MLG strats.:D

xP9nda

Known Member
Even though it would probably make sense to have it come with a $125 rank, it's meant to feel like an achievement and reward for all of your grinding and hard work to pay for all the rankups.

If there was a new rank for $125 or something, it would only be worth 12.5 million in game. Whereas to getting to emperor (Assuming you’re at earl already) will cost 210 million in game.

100k = $1
210,000,000 = $2100

This would mean that there’s no point getting to emperor for the perk.

Plus I think the server is pretty free 2 play. (Hence why I joined in the first place) and I think many people would like to keep it this way.

I mean I agree, I just figured if you’re going to give players the option at all in any sense then it seems like potential to have it for a payable rank. Personally I think having fly even on the last rank is kind of strange, but it wouldn’t be the only pay to win thing on the server lol.
My problem isn’t that I die because I fall, I’m hydra right now and don’t lose items, I have an elytra and feather falling boots, the issue is just that I fall a lot then have to climb up over and over again LOL.

I would recommend you to join lumberjack and get to Level 25 for the perk /top, this should help you

And also, if you fall a lot, just set a home st the top of the building or something, very simple

Just set a home where you often fall, that's what I do when I'm making mapart.

If there was a new rank for $125 or something, it would only be worth 12.5 million in game. Whereas to getting to emperor (Assuming you’re at earl already) will cost 210 million in game.

100k = $1
210,000,000 = $2100

This would mean that there’s no point getting to emperor for the perk.

Plus I think the server is pretty free 2 play. (Hence why I joined in the first place) and I think many people would like to keep it this way.
I see your point, but I still think the server is pay to win, not pay to play. There no doubting that as a Hydra I have some really good perks that give me significant advantage over other people. Now if fly was unattainable through an in game money rank then it would be pay to play because you’re force to spend money to get an ability. But I do agree that the price to in game value doesn’t add up.

Also setting homes isn’t super viable for me because my town is treehouse based and I have to build constant towers of dirt to get underneath them.

I think the disadvantages heavily outweigh the advantages in this situation, despite how easy it may be for you. It will not be as exciting for any other players on the server as they may not be able to afford such a rank.
Pay to win takes all the fun out of a game for everyone and I think if this suggestion was actually added, less people would be playing and it would look like the whole server is just a cash grab.

I'm not even trying to push it, I get it. I'm trying to have a conversation about it not get blasted. Chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.