Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to see a villager or a merchant on the server where you can buy a gift for a random player on the server once a day. This would encourage people to be nice, help each other and be more open-minded towards others.

In my opinion developing this idea to be random would be balanced. Leaving the opportunity to only send gifts to certain people would be fair. Since this would not be a must action, gifting would only be a tool to give joy and surprise to others.

The type of gifts could have similar rarity like the crates but far from being overpowered. I would see these randomised gifts as a way to help newcomers and encourage them to stay and join the community.

Chrras

Just so I am getting this right:
Every player can each day buy a random gift to a player of their choice? And what do you mean by certain people?

I quite like this idea, maybe it should be a sort of vote, where the player each day with the most "helpful" votes would get a gift, but I like the concept. However, I don't see how it could encourage newcomers to stay/join the community.

Just so I am getting this right:
Every player can each day buy a random gift to a player of their choice? And what do you mean by certain people?
They would be able to send a gift once a day to a random person. They cannot choose who but the server would show the lucky player's name. I meant by certain people that randomness would not let people give gifts to only a number of people (close friends) every single day because personally I do not see that balanced.

I like your idea about giving gifts to helpful people though.

SirSalad

I feel like your idea is already incorporated in a different fashion; Even though The Daily Llama doesn't necessarily gift other players, it gifts yourself with something nice.

edit: The Azertu Premium Store also has a gift feature!

Chrras

They would be able to send a gift once a day to a random person. They cannot choose who but the server would show the lucky player's name. I meant by certain people that randomness would not let people give gifts to only a number of people (close friends) every single day because personally I do not see that balanced.

I like your idea about giving gifts to helpful people though.
But how would that encourage people to be helpful then? If the player who buys the gift cannot decide who receives it? And why would players buy it in the first case? It could be given to someone they don't know at all.

khaniivore

Known Member
If this were implemented with Chrras' idea, I'd agree for it being a good concept. However, voting on who is helpful may be tricky to do, considering that if enough players want a free gift, they can encourage others to vote for them despite not actually being helpful, i.e:

Player1: /w Player2 hey, if you vote for me for a free gift, i'll vote for you tomorrow, and we'll both get one.
Player2: /r sounds like a plan to me! I'll vote for you!

This system could be somewhat abused and could cause conflict in the long run if not properly moderated.
Whilst it is unlikely that a situation like this could be achieved often, it could still happen and upset others who actually help out in the community actively.

My idea was to be helpful and nice to people we don't know. Giving a gift to an expected fellow is a welcome surprise. People could do this not because of numbers, medals, money or anything. But because they want to give a gift to someone they don't know.

I imagined this idea as a way to let newcomers know that there are people here who help them. And not only them but anyone.

Edit: The gift wouldn't be a chosen item, but a totally randomised gift based on luck.

Volk

Administrator
Staff member
Now I can see some good ideas stem from this, I find it to be a hassle for a few reasons:
- You would need a new loot table, otherwise it seems pointless.
- Most players wont vote OR only the popular players will win consistently.
- You can gift someone items without a custom plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.