Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Enable Blast Mining in Resource World

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters
Hello Azertu! I'm here to present my case on why I think we should enable blast mining with TNT in the resource world.

It would be another balanced and economic way to mine for money. According to my current /mining overview, at Blast Mining Rank 5/8, I can get +183.33% ore yield with -83.33% debris yield, and 2x drops with blast mining. To counter its effect on the economy, players would presumably not be getting paid by the miner job for blast mining, as they do not break the blocks themselves. Another good thing it would do is bring more use to gunpowder. Hunters kill all those creepers and the powder barely gets touched because it's only useful for potion making!

Right now, the resource world has TNT enabled, but blast mining does not work, as far as I can see, evidenced by the facts that I don't get mining experience when I use TNT, TNT blows up ores rather than dropping them, and Blast Mining says I am supposed to have a +3 explosion radius, which I do not appear to have. I think that functionality then should just be enabled, since TNT already is.

Last edited:
oh, it seems you arent using blast mining, just tnt

to quote:
"It is activated by using a flint & steel outside of the standard ignition range (shift and right-click the air between yourself and the TNT) "

oh, it seems you arent using blast mining, just tnt

to quote:
"It is activated by using a flint & steel outside of the standard ignition range (shift and right-click the air between yourself and the TNT) "
maybe i'm dumb then