Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Earn money for smelting coal ore as a blacksmith.

I think you should be able to earn money for smelting coal ore as a blacksmith. Because some of us use silk touch to mine, we end up not picking up coal ore since it's useless to most. However, I think adding that money source could incentivize more people to trade for coal ore. Placing down all that coal and using fortune on it is a massive pain, and you don't get paid for doing it.

Since it will take up your valuable furnace slots, I think it should give you a quarter or less of what you would earn from smelting iron ore. Think of it like being the potato of blacksmith; slow burning, but steady.

I think this would be fine, but don't you get paid for 1. Selling it and 2. You don't have to buy coal now?

I think this would be fine, but don't you get paid for 1. Selling it and 2. You don't have to buy coal now?
Sure you get paid for selling it, but the problem is, pretty much no one buys coal ore. The blocks are what are in demand. So selling it means you'll have to start picking it up, which will take up slots you use to gather iron ore, diamond ore, gold ore, and/or any others you desire to pick up.
Also, sure you'll have coal, but you still have to mine it again after originally mining it just to get the coal from the coal block, which is a use of time that most miners would rather spend mining to earn money.

Volk

Helper
Staff member
I buy coal. Maybe not for as much as people want, but it's still not bad money.