Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Destroy/Disband: Inactive Towns/Chests [Tickets Plugin]

When trying to expand my town, it is really inconvenient for moderators / admins to not be able to disband inactive towns and/or destroy protected chests, furnaces, etc. of inactive people. It would be nice if players could reach out to staff on the server to be able to disband inactive towns and destroy inactive player's protected chests, etc.

For instance, if players were inactive for over a month or two, then we could submit a ticket to online staff to request them to remove what we'd like. To make things easier for staff and players, instead of asking staff in global and or privately pm them, they could submit a ticket (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/simple-ticket-manager.4849/) (https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/simple-help-tickets) to notify online staff. The /report command that is used by the server is the one provided by essentials which creates another chat for only staff to be able to see. With this tickets plugin, you'll be able to submit a report and have staff be able to "claim" or "take" the ticket and review it. I haven't used this plugin myself, but have seen another server use a similar plugin as this and was very helpful and successful in maintaining a positive and fair environment for the players. This plugin also has a command that could be provided to staff for them to be able to teleport to the location that the report was initiated at.

So in all, my suggestion to the server is to make it so:

1 ) Staff are able to disband inactive towns. (depending on the certain amount of time that the player was inactive for)
2) Staff would be able to destroy protected chest / furnaces etc. of inactive players. (depending on the certain amount of time that the player was inactive for)
3 ) To make it easier, to include this ticket plugin to make managing player problems easier. Such as my problems that I have come across with inactive players.

Thanks for reading :)

Attachments

Idk about disbanding towns because for one they have the money to keep it up and they left thinking that. I feel like inactive towns aren't really a huge problem as the map is 25kx25k... Which is 625000000 blocks. If they really needed to, they could just expand the map.
As for chests, you can clear them after a certain amount of time already? Its like, 2 weeks max, just wait until then? (./clearprotections I believe)

Idk about disbanding towns because for one they have the money to keep it up and they left thinking that. I feel like inactive towns aren't really a huge problem as the map is 25kx25k... Which is 625000000 blocks. If they really needed to, they could just expand the map.
As for chests, you can clear them after a certain amount of time already? Its like, 2 weeks max, just wait until then? (./clearprotections I believe)
only thing i think would be good is to remove chests in /resource

Last edited:
I agree on what you're saying, but in this case, the town that is near mine has an owner that has been inactive for 11+ months. I feel that if someone were to be inactive for that long (2nd screenshot) would not be coming back anytime soon. It just seems really inconvenient for players in my case that want to expand their town, but aren't able to b/c of inactive towns that are around them.

Secondly, you said how we could use the /clearprotection command to clear the protection off of blocks, but that only applies to if that protected block is inside your own town. In my case, I cant claim that chunk that contains the block because it would be too close to another town (the town that I have been talking about).

SirSalad

1 ) Staff are able to disband inactive towns. (depending on the certain amount of time that the player was inactive for)
2) Staff would be able to destroy protected chest / furnaces etc. of inactive players. (depending on the certain amount of time that the player was inactive for)
3 ) To make it easier, to include this ticket plugin to make managing player problems easier. Such as my problems that I have come across with inactive players.
1) As useful as this may sound, I'm not sure that this would be the practical solution to it. Ideally, the world border can just be increased to suit the number of players that need build-space. We also have the ability to grief unclaimed areas.

2) In fact, players are actually capable to do this with '/clearprotections'. The player must be inactive for 7 days.

3) We currently have a ticket-type solution which allows players to report things to staff with ease.

You can use /helpop with a brief description of your problem, or you can message an online staff.

You can make a ticket in the #help-requests channel from the discord.

If you're not in the discord, there's a link on this site. You can also do /discord in game.

Hello, ksayee! On very rare occasions, Admins will remove towns of inactive players and in your situation the player was extremely inactive thus, the town was removed. To have a town removed, players generally have to be inactive for several months before staff considers removing the town.

Regarding the ticket system, in game we have /helpop and on discord we have the tickey system (Which is currently down), both of which are used frequently for issues like this.

Additionally, having staff remove chests in wilderness is sort of useless seeing that they're not in the way of anything. You can use /clearprotections in your town if you are a town staff member and the player has been inactive for 5+ days and it will remove chests/furnaces of inactive players.

I really hope this answered your questions although it's a little late. :)