Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

(command) /playtime <player>

good idea?

• yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • no

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

xP9nda

Known Member
hai there, so i know that you can see your playtime in the statistics tab of minecraft but it would be really awesome if we could see other players' playtime aswell.

doing /playtime could show you your playtime
doing
/playtime xP9nda would show you xP9nda's playtime
there could also be a /playtimetoggle which would toggle if other players can see your playtime

i think this would be a really cool feature to add.

ok thanks for reading
bai

Last edited:
i see no reason not to do this (other than the works it represents for developpers, but this seems fairly simple)

ThyV

Known Member
As simple as it may be, some players might not like their play time being shared or recorded for other people to see, it can also lead to people making fun of others for how much time they spend playing on the server, with comments like "No life" "Go to sleep" etc etc...

Desu

You could also just ask the player for their playtime but they could etheir lie or not tell you but what reason would you need it?

xP9nda

Known Member
You could also just ask the player for their playtime but they could etheir lie or not tell you but what reason would you need it?
Asking players for their playtime could end up getting quite annoying, both for you and other players. I also don't see any reason to need it, this is more of a useless suggestion, however some players may want it.

they could etheir lie or not tell you
Also, the /playtimetoggle feature (if implemented) would stop other players from knowing, which would be the same as them not telling you.

The only way i could see this suggestion being useful is when new players ask for help and want to be sure that the person replying to them is experienced enough to answer their question accurately, but even that is a stretch. I personally only wanted this as a curiosity, so i could be nosy about other people's playtimes, which isn't really important in any way.

Well, this is kinda useful because you can see how much time and effort you've put into the server :D

Chrras

You can already see that, Aqua (under statistics in menu). This is about other people monitoring your play time.

It would be kinda neat, but honestly it’s not really a useful feature, just one for fun. That doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t get added, but I might think that plugin development should go for some more pressing matters.

Desu

The only way i could see this suggestion being useful is when new players ask for help and want to be sure that the person replying to them is experienced enough to answer their question accurately, but even that is a stretch. I personally only wanted this as a curiosity, so i could be nosy about other people's playtimes, which isn't really important in any way.
It would also probably be used to flaunt your pt.

I think it would be a good idea, it would also help for things like staff applications etc. I think other players should NOT be able to see the playtime of other players. If you can only see the playtime of yourself, that means you won't be "made fun of" for the playtime that you have. It would be a good idea for senior staff to be able to see: so that they can check that a player is being 100% truthful when they state on their application how long they've played for. yes, esc > statistics DOESgive a good idea, but I do think that this is a command that would be beneficial to the server.
Is there much of a use to it? not really. Would it be a nice plugin to have? Sure.

Desu

I think it would be a good idea, it would also help for things like staff applications etc. I think other players should NOT be able to see the playtime of other players. If you can only see the playtime of yourself, that means you won't be "made fun of" for the playtime that you have. It would be a good idea for senior staff to be able to see: so that they can check that a player is being 100% truthful when they state on their application how long they've played for. yes, esc > statistics DOESgive a good idea, but I do think that this is a command that would be beneficial to the server.
Is there much of a use to it? not really. Would it be a nice plugin to have? Sure.
Staff has a full log of your playtime and a chart of how many days you have been gone at a time.

Staff has a full log of your playtime and a chart of how many days you have been gone at a time.
ah, in that case then nevermind what I said. I think there's not much use to it. I think it would still be neat to see but i don''t really think it's essential or even somewhat needed