Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all :cool:

I have to say I do love this Christmas event and how it is a passive event (whilst I am upset that I can't get anything from being a cook I understand why). As someone who has obtained a rocket bow I can say that I am happy with the event, but as Sirk said: "It hasn't even scratched the top of what is available". In this, I do have an issue... the chances of getting a crate. I think it was unfair that we were misled in the original post about the Christmas event in that after 15k gifts we would have an 'after party', this mislead players to believe that whilst crates wouldn't be common they wouldn't only pop up once in a blue moon and 15k would be an attainable goal. For this to happen we would have to get 45 chests per hour, when in reality we are lucky if we get more then 6 in an hour...

I don't think the chest rate should be upped a ton but as the chance for a crate is low and the chance to get an amazing item is even lower I think it's only fair to the players to up it a tiny bit...

Also, something I have noticed in this event is that, the more people are online the more chests are found. The fewer people the chance goes down. I can understand this but this says more about the chances of getting a chest then the number of people on, it is clearly unfair to players who can only play at 'down points' in the server.

I respect all the work put into this event and I am only making this post with the utmost respect for all staff and especially the staff who coded this event.

Thank you so much for reading this! :p

Have a good day/night that is full of love and troll-free <3

(added on)
Today I thought it would be fun to see how many gifts are obtained in an hour, and we got the large number of (drum roll please) 7. It was 7....
There were 83 players on the server and whilst Lustplum graciously pointed out that more people /= more grinders I have to disagree. The server is at peak time, with many people grinding with 24 (!) donor ranks on which gives me the assumption that at least half or more of them are grinding. We get 7 gifts, 2 were taken by the Grinch so in total 5 players got gifts.

This is NOT fair I have remained cautious of this event and aware of that it is in the early stages and can be fixed but so far the only changes to this have been changes the chests into Christmas themes and reducing lag (that I am thankful for). People donate real life money with the expectations that it will go towards bettering the server and creating fun and achievable events. Yet, this isn't happening with most people being upset with the event. This is not even mentioning the fact that certain players can get multiple gifts in a row but others can go 12 hours straight grinding without getting anything.

Keeping in mind the number of regular players and the amount who have paid for this server to continue running, this event is poorly thought out and I would like to invite all of the coders to spend 12 hours grinding in the hope of getting a chest and come back with nothing.

I remain respectful of the work put into this event, but something needs to change.

Last edited:
i mean if we stay dilligent its possible i beleive he said the event would be open until january 7th?

Yeah, but I think she is close with the 45 an hour. Do the math as I am too lazy, but if it is January 7th, then from today you'd do 14400/(15*24) which is like, 40 an hour(Quick Mafs). I agree, this is never going to happen, but good luck :D

I heard it ends January 4th and it actually doesnt look like Sirk has disclosed the end date, only the end date of the Christmas Bundles, also Wheres my crate?!

tbh i thought he said 1.5k so my math was way off

Hey y'all :cool:

I have to say I do love this Christmas event and how it is a passive event (whilst I am upset that I can't get anything from being a cook I understand why). As someone who has obtained a rocket bow I can say that I am happy with the event, but as Sirk said: "It hasn't even scratched the top of what is available". In this, I do have an issue... the chances of getting a crate. I think it was unfair that we were misled in the original post about the Christmas event in that after 15k gifts we would have an 'after party', this mislead players to believe that whilst crates wouldn't be common they wouldn't only pop up once in a blue moon and 15k would be an attainable goal. For this to happen we would have to get 45 chests per hour, when in reality we are lucky if we get more then 6 in an hour...

I don't think the chest rate should be upped a ton but as the chance for a crate is low and the chance to get an amazing item is even lower I think it's only fair to the players to up it a tiny bit...

Also, something I have noticed in this event is that, the more people are online the more chests are found. The fewer people the chance goes down. I can understand this but this says more about the chances of getting a chest then the number of people on, it is clearly unfair to players who can only play at 'down points' in the server.

I respect all the work put into this event and I am only making this post with the utmost respect for all staff and especially the staff who coded this event.

Thank you so much for reading this! :p

Have a good day/night that is full of love and troll-free <3

(added on)

Today I thought it would be fun to see how many gifts are obtained in an hour, and we got the large number of (drum roll please) 7. It was 7....
There were 83 players on the server and whilst Lustplum graciously pointed out that more people /= more grinders I have to disagree. The server is at peak time, with many people grinding with 24 (!) donor ranks on which gives me the assumption that at least half or more of them are grinding. We get 7 gifts, 2 were taken by the Grinch so in total 5 players got gifts.

This is NOT fair I have remained cautious of this event and aware of that it is in the early stages and can be fixed but so far the only changes to this have been changes the chests into Christmas themes and reducing lag (that I am thankful for). People donate real life money with the expectations that it will go towards bettering the server and creating fun and achievable events. Yet, this isn't happening with most people being upset with the event. This is not even mentioning the fact that certain players can get multiple gifts in a row but others can go 12 hours straight grinding without getting anything.

Keeping in mind the number of regular players and the amount who have paid for this server to continue running, this event is poorly thought out and I would like to invite all of the coders to spend 12 hours grinding in the hope of getting a chest and come back with nothing.

I remain respectful of the work put into this event, but something needs to change.

Honestly I think they just overshot. They probably just needed a number and 15,000 sounds reasonable until you actually do it. 83 people are online, but only a few of the jobs earn them(Cook doesn't, farmer doesn't[I think], Artist doesn't). I think that they should possibly add a few more actions(Smelting and Farming mainly) to it so at least more people are added. I think the number should be reduced to like 7-9k max. But up to sirk.

Honestly I think they just overshot. They probably just needed a number and 15,000 sounds reasonable until you actually do it. 83 people are online, but only a few of the jobs earn them(Cook doesn't, farmer doesn't[I think], Artist doesn't). I think that they should possibly add a few more actions(Smelting and Farming mainly) to it so at least more people are added. I think the number should be reduced to like 7-9k max. But up to sirk.
I agree with more actions but tbh if the rate doesn't increase then it won't matter.

Farmer does get them its just the chance is horrendous, I dont see us getting to 5K to be painfully honest

The likelihood of getting crates decreases with the amount of players on, therefore 50 per hour is not distributed fairly amongst all players whom are on at the time.
If there were 10 players vs 80 on the likelihood of it being distributed equally is more to happen, however ive gotten 2 this entire event in comparison to others whom have found 6 in the 6 hours ive found one and done equal amount of work. The event is amazing in the idea of it all, but the math to it is a bit difficult to comprehend when the random number generator malfunctions and hands 3 crates to 1 person in a row.

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
First of all. A lot of the information in this thread is false and inaccurate.

Drop rates have nothing to do with the amount of players online and they do not increase or decrease if more/less players are online.

We made it broadcast a number in the chat whenever someone found a gift to make it FUN, not so ppl could complain about how rare they are... They are supposed to be rare!

Regardless of what job you are in, it will still drop gifts. In fact, you don't have to be in any job to receive gifts.

Any block/mob has the same drop chance on the exception of logs (because tree feller) meaning that mining, digging, farming or whatever you are doing all depends on how efficiently you are breaking/placing/killing. So the points you are making about "it's unfair for some" is false. Every single player has the exact same chance of getting a drop. The only thing that makes it more efficiently is using better tools or farms.

Also something completely unimportant: The "Christmas themed chests" are a Minecraft thing and is not something we added to the event later on.

Anyways, to narrow it down: We are not adjusting the drop rates as of right now, nor will we reduce the 15k mark.

Drop rates have nothing to do with the amount of players online and they do not increase or decrease if more/less players are online.

We made it broadcast a number in the chat whenever someone found a gift to make it FUN, not so ppl could complain about how rare they are... They are supposed to be rare!

Regardless of what job you are in, it will still drop gifts. In fact, you don't have to be in any job to receive gifts.

Any block/mob has the same drop chance on the exception of logs (because tree feller) meaning that mining, digging, farming or whatever you are doing all depends on how efficiently you are breaking/placing/killing. So the points you are making about "it's unfair for some" is false. Every single player has the exact same chance of getting a drop. The only thing that makes it more efficiently is using better tools or farms.

Also something completely unimportant: The "Christmas themed chests" are a Minecraft thing and is not something we added to the event later on.

Anyways, to narrow it down: We are not adjusting the drop rates as of right now, nor will we reduce the 15k mark.

No don’t change the event. I’m not asking that. Like, challenge accepted but this information is helpful because now some of us know what we are doing wrong

I understand all this, this is all information we already know, but the ways to get them are not equal, from what ive seen Miner (In Nether and Resource) seems to be the most rewarding, and that is understandable it can never be completely balanced, but after farming for 2 hours I dont get any drops while watching the same people over and over again getting countless drops, is that because im not working hard enough?I personally dont believe so

The difference between Miner and Farmer, I think these 2 jobs should be getting the same amount, hunting personally shouldnt get as much as them as its much easier and takes less effort (Its not hard to just click your mouse every few seconds)

Yes better tools will lead to more drops but thinking about new players who have little to no way of getting tools compared to other players and even if they do get gifts they get mostly coal, spawn eggs or skill gems which even as a new player dont help them in anyway think how long it would take for a peasant with iron tools to get a crate when it takes us higher players with eff 8 up to 2 hours to get 1

IMO to make a good event it should be either you have low chances at good rewards or low chances at getting the crate drop, unfortunately currently both are bad chances so I suggest 1 thing, make the crates drop significantly faster say 1 in 1000 rather than 1 in 10000 that would probably also set us at a good speed to actually hit the 15K crates also as well as motivating more people to actually grind the event

Last edited:

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
I understand all this, this is all information we already know, but the ways to get them are not equal, from what ive seen Miner (In Nether and Resource) seems to be the most rewarding, and that is understandable it can never be completely balanced, but after farming for 2 hours I dont get any drops while watching the same people over and over again getting countless drops, is that because im not working hard enough?I personally dont believe so

The difference between Miner and Farmer, I think these 2 jobs should be getting the same amount, hunting personally shouldnt get as much as them as its much easier and takes less effort (Its not hard to just click your mouse every few seconds)

Yes better tools will lead to more drops but thinking about new players who have little to no way of getting tools compared to other players and even if they do get gifts they get mostly coal, spawn eggs or skill gems which even as a new player dont help them in anyway think how long it would take for a peasant with iron tools to get a crate when it takes us higher players with eff 8 up to 2 hours to get 1

IMO to make a good event it should be either you have low chances at good rewards or low chances at getting the crate drop, unfortunately currently both are bad chances so I suggest 1 thing, make the crates drop significantly faster say 1 in 1000 rather than 1 in 10000 that would probably also set us at a good speed to actually hit the 15K crates also as well as motivating more people to actually grind the event
Once again, breaking stone with miner or crops with farmer has the exact same drop chance. Meaning that breaking 10k stone will result in the same amount of drops as breaking 10k crops... However, it is still a % chance so its based on luck.

KillaSnow

Helper
Staff member
The other thing is, is that some may be unlucky, but some are lucky. For example, I think I've gathered around 35-40 crates or so in the time I've grinded on the server. If you up the chances, some people may go from 2 crates a day to like five or six, but if I'm getting around 5 or 6 a day already, now you make that 10 or 12.

In addition, we've told you [Edric] to mine to up your chances, but refused. Which, in your defense, makes sense since you get paid to farm. However, I mine in the nether and don't get paid. To me, the opportunity cost is worth it depending on my mood. If I get to the point I need to make some money, I switch to mining in the main world. It's just how it is.

The best thing about the event is the RNG. Yes, the players that have been playing for a bit have better tools, but the rng allows the newer players to still have a chance, as we've seen from newer players obtaining multiple crates.

I personally like the event, the grind, despite how many gifts I get. Whether that's biased or not, not sure, but I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible. I understand that the grind sometimes doesn't seem worth it, but as SirK said, it's all luck. Do the activities that make the best chances of obtaining a gift. :D

Volk

Staff member
It's completely rnd based on odds everyone. There is no foolproof method, just grind it out and have fun doing it. 😀

It would be cool by the end of the event if the Grinch was hidden at spawn, and you can trade you Christmas coal to him for prizes, as then it would go along with the story how he gave the gifts back in the very end. Thought I would put it here as a means to not have to make a new thread

I think the problem most people don't realize is how OP buffing some of this stuff would be for people who are rich. Upping chances of stone would result in people with instabreak pickaxes to farm them way easier. Although it hurts the poorer players, they can always farm if they want them.

In regards to the 15k, its an unreachable goal that is there to "entice" us to do stuff. From right now we have like, 3 or 4 days, Il say 4, to get to the goal, we're at 2883 which means 12117 left. We would need like 2-3 per minute for the rest of the event. The number wasn't reachable at the start. Do the math, 15000/14(Number of days we got) is 1071 per day(We're at 3k ish after 9 or 10 days) which is 44 per hour or a little less than 1 per minute for the entire event. Not complaining as its just an extra he decided to "give" us, but I think people don't realize how unrealistic it was.

PawlerBear

Administrator
Staff member
Tbh i dont think it was that unrealistic since there were people who did nothing but grind and got dubs of mystery gifts while others did nothing but complain. I wasnt able to grind much due to being away for chistmas but even I (when i got back) got a lot of gifts and i wasnt able to grind that much due to helping people in chat and with grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.