Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Change the way /baltop works

Currently, when you type /baltop , from what I can tell, it computes the order of *all* users. However, there are 70,000 users on, so this can type over a minute, and presumably a lot of resources. Although it stays cached for a certain amount of time, I think it would be better to order the balances of only the top 1000 users. The 1000th user has 60k and the 100th has > 1 mil.
As for technical details, Selection sort would be an incredibly easy way to implement this. If we limit it to 1000 users, the time complexity as the amount of users increases is only linear, as opposed to n^2 if we sorted the entire collection.

SirSalad

I think this would be a great feature if implemented on the server. I think similar ideas should be implemented with other large lists. Like /jobs top x or even /mctop [] x

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
How about we only show the top 10 in baltop? Would that work?

Perhaps even make a GUI based menu for the top 10?

Last edited:

SirSalad

How about we only show the top 10 in baltop? Would that work?

Perhaps even make a GUI based menu for the top 10?
I like this idea, it fulfills the purpose of showing players with the most money and it really isn't necessary to look through the multi-thousand pages there are.

Nate6024

Known Member
But is there a way to make the custom GUI menu look somewhat decent? Most skyblock servers use a custom GUI menu to display the top island lvls and most of if not all look bad/tacky.

Also, top 10 isn’t enough, I’d like to see top 25 or 50.

Could do a custom GUI menu for the top 10 and then have an item within the menu that you scroll over and displays #11-25 or 50 or have a multi page GUI menu that displays the top 10, click an item in the menu and it brings you to another GUI menu that shows #11-20 and exc.

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
But is there a way to make the custom GUI menu look somewhat decent? Most skyblock servers use a custom GUI menu to display the top island lvls and most of if not all look bad/tacky.

Also, top 10 isn’t enough, I’d like to see top 25 or 50.

Could do a custom GUI menu for the top 10 and then have an item within the menu that you scroll over and displays #11-25 or 50 or have a multi page GUI menu that displays the top 10, click an item in the menu and it brings you to another GUI menu that shows #11-20 and exc.
I think a GUI menu would be nice, however with it no longer showing in the user's chat, it now takes a more time to see all of the information you want. I agree that baltop should load in less users instead of all though. But doing /baltop, you are easily able to see the top 10 user's balance in chat at the same time, rather than perhaps hovering over a head, seeing who the player is, then reading their balance. Just my personal take on this.