Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Collector_

Known Member
If you don't know, geocaching is a bit of a game where there are containers of random things. I decided to bring this to the server. Credit to Geekalik for the idea.

How does it work?
If you find a geocache (chest) you may exchange one item in the chest for something of equal or greater value. You can put your username and date (and additional comments if you want) in the logbook.

How do you find them?
Right here! If you would like to make a geocache, just make a chest (make sure it's a /cpublic chest, and if it's in a claimed area, that you do /plot set perm switch on. Put around 7 to 10 random items in it of varying value, and a logbook. Message me when I'm online, and I can give you a logbook for a geocache. When you're done setting that up, give a relative area of the location in a reply on this thread, or relative coords, if it isn't near a town/server warp. Don't make them too easy to find, but don't make it impossible either. You can set up as many geocaches as you would like.

Geocaching locations:
Owner: Collector_
Location: somewhere in /t spawn ghast's main area in the nether.

Location: somewhere above the nether ceiling of /nether (near the spawn)

Location: somewhere at /t spawn ghast's animal grinder (through the nether portal)

Owner: Geekalik

Loot should be something like this:

1546817792192.png

Geocache logbook:
1546817853340.png
1546817892228.png
1546817981496.png

someone will ruin this for everyone else. Just like real life Geocache's, all it takes is one jerk who takes everything out and leaves nothing in return.

Collector_

Known Member
someone will ruin this for everyone else. Just like real life Geocache's, all it takes is one jerk who takes everything out and leaves nothing in return.
You have to put them in places that are a bit tricky to find, and since the only place that you'll be able to find the location is on the forums where (generally) only the more responsible players are, it shouldn't be too bad. And if someone does take everything, it's pretty easy to fix. The items in the chests shouldn't be worth anything more than 5k or so, so refilling them shouldn't be much of an issue.