Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Azertu Auctions: Weekly auctions for relics and other valuable items

Chrras

Azertu Auctions

Have you ever wanted to sell a relic on a auction? Well, now you've got the chance. IceColdBeer and Chrras are introducing weekly auctions, held at /t spawn C.

Azertu already has a 'Auction House' (accessed with /ah), you might say, but it isn't really an auction house. It's just a global shop, where the first player willing to pay the listed price will also end up with the item. At Azertu Auctions people can actually bid on your items, meaning that the item will go to whoever wants to pay the most for it. Not only will your items most likely sell for more than at /ah just because people can bid each other up, but also because a catalogue will be published before each auction, making sure to get out to as many potential buyers at possible. You will also be able to set a minimum price, so you make sure the item doesn't go for less than you want.

You can put up any relic for sale at Azertu Auctions, as well as any other lot consisting of items valued roughly above $50,000 in total. If you want to put something up for sale, contact Chrras or IceColdBeer on the server, and we'll help you with the process. All auction lots has to be deposited by the seller before the auction, and therefore you don't have to be online at the time of the auction. There will be a commission of 5% of the selling price at future auctions, but the first auction will be commission-free, meaning that the full amount will go to the seller of the item.

The auction will be held at /t spawn C and will be performed in /lc so it doesn't disturb the rest of the chat.

The first auction will be held on Sunday April 28th at 14:00 server time
(view time in game with TAB, corresponds roughly to 20:00 Central European Time or 14:00 Eastern Time)
Please familiaze yourself with the rules below, and take a look at the Q&A.
We have a few rules to insure the auctions will run smoothly:
  1. Only bid in local chat. You access that with /lc
  2. Only make bids at a price that you intend to pay - bidding as a joke is not allowed.
  3. Items bought at auction must be paid for immediately - you wait till tomorrow or next week to pay.
Any breach of these rules might lead to exclusion from auctions hosted by Azertu Auctions.

Furthermore, following bid guidelines should generally be followed:
Below 75k............................................At least 1k intervals
Between 75k and 150k...............At least 5k intervals
Between 150k and 500k............At least 10k intervals
Above 500k........................................At least 25k intervals

These are guidelines, not actual rules, but bids just a few dollars above the last bid will be ignored, and continues violations of this can lead to exclusion.
  • Which items can I sell at Azertu Auctions?
    You can sell any relic at Azertu Auctions, as long as it's fully repaired. Furthermore, you can also sell any other item or lot of items valued roughly above $50,000.

Whether you decide to sell several items in different lots or in the same lot is up to you, however we only recommend selling multiple items in the same lot if the items are related (like a armor set or 5 relic cores).

• Why would I wanna sell something at Azertu Auctions instead of selling it on /ah?
    First of, the built-in auction house isn't really an auction, since people can't bid, only pay the listed item. Because of this, you might end up selling the item for less than you potentially could have, if people would have been able to bid. Secondly, not everyone checks /ah before your 24 hour listing runs out. Mousing over every single item can be tiresome!

At Azertu Auctions, not only can people bid, and therefore your item might end up selling for much more than you anticipated, but the auctions are also advertised, so players will know which lots are up for sale some time in advance.

• Why do I have to deposit my auction lot?
    To ensure that the auctions runs smoothly, we need you to deposit your lots. If each lot depends on whether a player is online, and whether a player has second thoughts about a sale, it will take ages to get through an auction.

We do of course ensure that every deposited item is kept safe, and upon request it can be returned to the player at any time before the auction (when either Chrras or IceColdBeer are online).

We document each deposit with screenshots, and you are welcome to do so yourself. However, both IceColdBeer and Chrras are long time players on Azertu, both well-known and -respected traders, and can therefore be trusted.

• What if the item sells for less than I wanted?
    When you put up an item for sale, you are asked to set a minimum price. This price is the absolute minimum that you would be willing to sell it for, and we won't sell the item for less than that.

However, we recommend setting the minimum price somewhere below the value of the item, a value that we determine. If the minimum price is set too high, the item might not sell, and if we believe your minimum price to be outrageous, we will not list the item for the auction.

• What if I can't make it to the auction?
    First of, sellers doesn't have to be at the auction (but are of course welcome), since all items are deposited, and everything will be taken care of by the auction staff. The seller will just receive the money afterwards (or the item, if it didn't get sold).

As a buyer, however, you have to be there to make a bid, and eventually buy an item. We are currently looking for opportunities for making bids in advance, if it is something that people would be interested in, but it won't happen in the first auction.

But, part of the auction is also to make it a bit like an event - how often do you really see other players, other than a few at a shop, or at an occasional vote party?

• What does it cost to sell something?
    The first auction will be commission-free, and therefore the entire sale amount will go to the seller.

Organizing an auction is however a big task, and in the future we will take a 5% commission of each sale, meaning the player will get 95% of the sale value.

Do you want to deposit an item for auction? Contact Chrras or IceColdBeer on the server!
Item deposit will end 48 hours before the auction

If you have any further questions, feel free to comment below or contact us.

We look forward to see you!

- IceColdBeer and Chrras

Last edited:

Desu

I think that this is a cool idea like a real Auction House but why not use /ah? You can basically do everything you suggested without a fee. You can put it in /ah for a price you think is acceptable and if you are willing to negotiate a different price you can advertise it in /tr as (Negotiating Prices!!!).

(there is a spelling mistake under the Q&A spoiler first point "aboe" -> "above")

Chrras

I think that this is a cool idea like a real Auction House but why not use /ah? You can basically do everything you suggested without a fee. You can put it in /ah for a price you think is acceptable and if you are willing to negotiate a different price you can advertise it in /tr as (Negotiating Prices!!!).

(there is a spelling mistake under the Q&A spoiler first point "aboe" -> "above")
Well I tried to answer that question - people can't bid at /ah, the first person willing to pay the listed price will also buy it. Sure, what you says works if the item is priced overly expensive, but it still requires people to see it. Furthermore, you can only advertise in chat so much - and not when you're offline, so people might not know the price is negotiable.

But a lot of people have no idea what an item is worth, and just put it up at auction for a price they either guess, or get from someone (possibly biased) in chat. We offer an unique opportunity for both valuing the item, and then selling it to the highest bid, not the first one. And if you bundle up a lot of relics for one auction, a lot of people will turn up, where the amount of people viewing an item on /ah is hard to control.

Furthermore, the first auction is without fee. Sure, the future auctions will include a small fee, but hosting these auctions require some amount of work, and I think a lot of people would be willing to give up a small amount (5%) of the sale price, if the item sold for more than they would have put it on /ah for.

But of course, this is something we are testing out. We haven't tried it, so we are hosting this auction on Sunday, and will evaluate it afterwards. And suggestions are of course welcome :)

Desu

Well I tried to answer that question - people can't bid at /ah, the first person willing to pay the listed price will also buy it. Sure, what you says works if the item is priced overly expensive, but it still requires people to see it. Furthermore, you can only advertise in chat so much - and not when you're offline, so people might not know the price is negotiable.

But a lot of people have no idea what an item is worth, and just put it up at auction for a price they either guess, or get from someone (possibly biased) in chat. We offer an unique opportunity for both valuing the item, and then selling it to the highest bid, not the first one. And if you bundle up a lot of relics for one auction, a lot of people will turn up, where the amount of people viewing an item on /ah is hard to control.

Furthermore, the first auction is without fee. Sure, the future auctions will include a small fee, but hosting these auctions require some amount of work, and I think a lot of people would be willing to give up a small amount (5%) of the sale price, if the item sold for more than they would have put it on /ah for.

But of course, this is something we are testing out. We haven't tried it, so we are hosting this auction on Sunday, and will evaluate it afterwards. And suggestions are of course welcome :)
yeah i still like the idea

This is a good idea! I’ll be sure to try and check that out sometimes!