Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
Hey guys!
So I just hit Earl (yay... I'm poor again) and picked up the Artist job, but was disappointed to find that making glass or glazed terracotta are the only viable options to level up.

Do you think we could add some more craftable options to the list of xp earners (especially since it's so slow anyway)?

Suggestions:
- Craft: All colour concrete powders
- Craft: All colour terracotta (dye)
- Craft: All secondary colour dyes (purple, cyan, orange etc.)
- Smelt: Cactus into cactus green
- Craft: Stained glass into panes (small amount of xp) (redacted ref: post#2036)
- Craft: Wool blocks into carpet (small amount of xp) (redacted ref: post#2036)

Decorative blocks:
- Craft: Purpur blocks
- Craft: Prismarine & Prismarine Brick

Let me know your thoughts!
Thanks. :)

Last edited:
I like this idea. I've heard from JustWyatt that the process of artist is incredibly slow, and rather boring. There don't seem to be many choices at all regarding the job, and I believe that there should be some sort of addition to it, like you mentioned, which keeps players entertained or motivated enough to stay in the job.

I mean, most jobs have one efficient way of doing them and not much choice. Ever wonder why cooks don't make cookies or cook meats other than mutton? Or why lumberjacks primarily use giant spruce trees with the axe super powery thing for money? Adding things for artist, although i agree would be cool, seems like it would have to be better than smelting terra before it actually starts being useful.

Whilst I agree with your statement of there being lack of cooks/lumberjacks not doing the rest of what their jobs entail, some players very much enjoy an immersive side to the server. Some people also like providing these things for shops for other people to use. Builders often benefit from what artists give, and most players join Builder because they actually want to build creations which often includes different kinds of terracotta/wool/banners.

Artists would be able to benefit even more if they were given payment for crafting and then selling what they made. It would give them more of a reason to stick to artist, because of there being more things to craft / smelt, instead of sitting at their furnaces all day cooking terra. Large shops would benefit from reselling, and artists would benefit from the extra XP and money, as the job is already rather slow.

Did you know, Artist has the least amount of workers? Given the current circumstances of this job, there's no wonder it doesn't have more people working in it. Providing a bigger variety of things to create with just as much value gives players time to either keep grinding Artist whilst they smelt terracotta, but it also gives them a chance to help fund the rest of the community.

Okay so As top builder I Overall Like your suggestions the only two things that are potentially a problem is, Carpet and glass panes, By adding both of those to artist it would essentially ruin those blocks for builders, builders do not get money for carpet nor should they. Panes of glass are not a big deal but also hard to place. Weavile also mentioned Builders benefit from artist, the opposite is true as of current. If you are talking about the job, because builders do not get paid for placing glazed terracotta or banners, and when artists make both of those they drain the market of terra and wool for builders to essentially "Ruin" those blocks, Now adding dyes, coloring and concrete to artist would benefit builder artist/and the servers economy overall, But carpet and panes are a step too far. I like the suggestion though 9/10

Okay so As top builder I Overall Like your suggestions the only two things that are potentially a problem is, Carpet and glass panes, By adding both of those to artist it would essentially ruin those blocks for builders, builders do not get money for carpet nor should they. Panes of glass are not a big deal but also hard to place. Weavile also mentioned Builders benefit from artist, the opposite is true as of current. If you are talking about the job, because builders do not get paid for placing glazed terracotta or banners, and when artists make both of those they drain the market of terra and wool for builders to essentially "Ruin" those blocks, Now adding dyes, coloring and concrete to artist would benefit builder artist/and the servers economy overall, But carpet and panes are a step too far. I like the suggestion though 9/10
Thanks for the feedback Golem, I hadn't actually thought about the uses connected to the builder job!
I definitely agree with you here, to be honest, the carpet and glass panes were a bit of an afterthought.
I'll remove these from the suggestion. :)

I mean, most jobs have one efficient way of doing them and not much choice. Ever wonder why cooks don't make cookies or cook meats other than mutton? Or why lumberjacks primarily use giant spruce trees with the axe super powery thing for money? Adding things for artist, although i agree would be cool, seems like it would have to be better than smelting terra before it actually starts being useful.
Hi Skullcrusher, thanks for the feedback. :)
I do agree that there is always a most efficient method to levelling, but my issue with the Artist is the limited options available and not so much the xp rates. I think if there were more crafting options to level up, it may balance out the xp /cashrates compared to other jobs.
There are only 106 Artists on the server, making it the least used job. I think that speaks for itself, so something needs to change to make it a viable option. :)

i think this would attract more people to join the artist job, not many people pick it up at the moment because its just such a slow and painful job to level. good idea, thumbs up from me :D