Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Would you use a debate channel?

• Yes I would

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, but I think it's a good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I think it's a bad idea

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Hi,
I see it pretty often that some players (including myself) start talking about sensitive topics (mostly politics) and such discussions are quickly shut down by the staff because it's not allowed to talk about such things. My suggestion would be to add a debate channel that players need to join manually and that allows them to freely talk about these topics.

Hi,
I see it pretty often that some players (including myself) start talking about sensitive topics (mostly politics) and such discussions are quickly shut down by the staff because it's not allowed to talk about such things. My suggestion would be to add a debate channel that players need to join manually and that allows them to freely talk about these topics.
How would people see the debate going on in the channel? If the staff implement this, then some people might press them to add religious channels and different chat channels, since a debate channel would make people think that other channels can be made. Also, if there was a debate channel, what rules would be in place for the channel? It's a good idea, but in my opinion it would just be a inconvenience for the staff team.

Plus on top of all of that it would make moderation even harder to keep track of as you would likely have many more conversations going on at once that they have to look at meaning that they may miss stuff to due it either flying past faster or just not being able to follow certain conversation lines.

SirSalad

This is not a good idea, I'm sorry. This is direct cause for drama within the player base whether there's a designated channel or not.

EDIT: I never actually read more than just the title, so below showcases an addition to what I said immediately above.
> This can be solved by players by simply making a group chat or directly messaging someone. Hell, local chat even works for this sort of thing. I don't think having something like this exclusive to players who want it is a good idea either: It's a strong limitation and most of all, staff will be required to manually take people in and take people out at their will. (ref. sekil) It's almost asking for an NSFW channel from my understanding and Azertu strives to be a family-friendly environment in all places.

Last edited: