Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

About the Lumberjack nerf...

Since lumberjack has been nerfed in relation to what rich people can do with it, poorer people that invested in lumberjack got even poorer. something that would give to us poor people a way to get money unrelated to your ability to break trees faster, would be to make burning wood produce coal instead of charcoal. coal can then be turned into blocks and sold, whereas at the present moment charcoal is hardly sellable because it can't be stacked in blocs.

The nerf was to make the job equal compared to the rest. It is balanced to make it to in an hour at lvl75 (assumed), you would make 250k. That is the base pay for the jobs and the staff attempt to keep it that way for all of the jobs to keep them as equal as possible.

i like this idea, but im a cook sooo little *cough* a lot *cough* biased here

Volk

Helper
Staff member
I agree with kronuke, I'm biased. I however like this idea. But it's one of those things where it would have to be a little harder to achieve the coal.

A custom crafting recipe for coal blocks, but with charcoal might not be a bad idea, but this really isn't the solution to lumberjack's current problem.

A custom crafting recipe for coal blocks, but with charcoal might not be a bad idea, but this really isn't the solution to lumberjack's current problem.
They could double the feller cooldown, that would have slashed income in half..

I've been asking for this for a while now. I don't see why 9 charcoal or 4 charcoal couldn't be crafted into coal. I get coal for like, 2k per stack of blocks. So for 2k it would take 9(Charcoal) * 9(Block of coal) * 64(Stack) to get 2k, so it would be like, 5k wood blocks to make 2k if it cost 9 to make and about 2k wood blocks to make 2k if it cost 4 charcoal per coal. I think the 4 is pretty balanced to be honest and even a little weak.